or Connect

Posts by JuniperMama

Why do people feel the need to say really scary things to pregnant women? Do I look like I need to know about your friend's 3rd trimester loss??  Now I'm all freaked out.  
Hi Mamas,   Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 36 and we are having baby #3, a huge surprise, in February.  I'm still adjusting to the idea that I'm pregnant as I just found out a couple weeks ago at 20 weeks.  (If you're interested, you can see that story here.)   At the moment, I'm still feeling really overwhelmed about what it means to be starting over in the newborn phase when I really thought that we were about to head out of the baby phase and into a...
Just a quick update -- I ended up meeting with a Genetic Counselor to get the full scoop on the stats and what was possible, etc.  We'd been given all kinds of differing information and felt really confused so decided to go to someone who specializes in this and it's all they do every day.    She said we did qualify for a Quad Screen even though we were 20w5d.  However, there was some question re: the accuracy of the results at this stage.   The stats we were...
Just a quick update -- I ended up meeting with a Genetic Counselor to get the full scoop on the stats and what was possible, etc.  We'd been given all kinds of differing information and felt really confused so decided to go to someone who specializes in this and it's all they do every day.    She said we did qualify for a Quad Screen even though we were 20w5d.  However, there was some question re: the accuracy of the results at this stage.   The stats we were...
Thanks for the input!!  I always thought I'd never be a minivan mama but I'm thinking that it just might be the smartest way to go.    For those that have researched, which kind did you like best and why?  I gravitate to the Honda Odyssey but haven't researched other options either.  Just wondering about your opinions.   Thanks!
We recently found out that we're having #3 in February at which point the kids will be 7, 2, and new.  We will need to have a booster for the 7 year old until he's at least 8.    Right now I drive a 2008 Toyota Prius.  I love my car but there's no way I can get 3 seats across the back.  Plus, we have an au pair who lives with us (best childcare situation ever for a working mama!) and so we need a car that can easily hold 7 on a pretty regular basis by the time we...
Thanks for the warm welcome.  :)   It has definitely been a roller coaster week or so.  We're working on getting comfortable with this whole thing.  It's intense for sure!  
I really appreciate all the input.  Thank you for sharing your thoughts!   We have an appt. for an ultrasound and then a genetic counseling session on Monday morning.  After that, we'll decide if an amnio makes sense or not.   I'm not sure what we'll do - it will be interesting to see what they recommend based on the ultrasound and the risk factor analyis.   What a roller coaster these last couple weeks have been!!    
That is my question...   We found out at 19-20 weeks that we're pregnant.  It's a long story.  (See other thread here.)   The dr. said they date the genetic risk based on how old you'll be at the time of birth - so at that point I'll be 36 and 10 months.   I was originally told I'm not eligible for an amnio as I'm too far along.  Today I was told I can have one.    The question is - do I want one?  The dr. is encouraging us to do it.  The thing is, if I...
Hi Mamas,   I've been a long time MDC member but between 2 kids, a very full-time job, and a house and marriage, etc, I have been dormant for a long time.  Then last week happened:   To cut to the chase, I found out last week that I'm 20 weeks pregnant (they said it's probably a boy) and due Mid-February.  It's a totally unplanned surprise.    So you may be thinking: "That's half way! You've had two children, how can you not have known before now??"   A...