or Connect

Posts by wildmansmom

A relative is always telling me stories about the women she knows who couldn't breastfeed. interesting since she never tried and I've been bf for over 3 years....(tangent) the best story was "a friend if mine had her milk tested and they told her it had no vitamins so she needed to switch to formula or the baby would starve. . is that even a thing?
"He's as big as you, he will suck you dry" from an older co worker about DS. "You shouldn't let him pacify at the breast" from the hospital lactation consultant about my 2 day old. "Don't you want to pump so that her brother can give her a bottle?" From my very supportive MIL. ?! What?! DS was not quite 3 when DD was born. "Well I guess she'll just wean early" from my mother regarding my daughter's love of rabbit food. And I'm still not sure what "early" means to her. ...
I am most definitely an introvert and there are some aspects of parenting that I find challenging specifically the need to be alone to recharge. But I don't think being an introvert means I have a harder time being a parent than an extrovert.  In reality, as a stay at home mom, I'm much happier being home all day with my children than my extrovert friends who crave the companionship of other adults to give them the energy to get through the day.
We were gently weaning my first around his 2nd birthday. It was something I started to dislike because we got stuck at 2 a day and weaning stopped being "gentle". So I decided I was comfortable with nap and bed time and we would wean a little later. I found out i was pregnant a few weeks later and between the aversion and the pregnancy he completely weaned around 27 months. Some days I think i can nurse DD to three but other times when I'm around my sister and her still...
I had that problem with DS. I don't know if it was ppd or because he nursed all the time. It was close to a year before the desire returned. DD is almost 3m and I haven't had the same problem although I do get distracted sometimes because I have baby on my mind! I should add that I menstruated at 12 weeks with DS when I returned to work and at 7weeks with DD (I still don't know why!) DS was bfd until he was 2.5 and DD is ebf. So that obviously doesn't male a difference...
The mw said it could be normal or it could be my period beginning and is irregular due to hypo-thyroid ism. She offered to put me on bc to regulate it, but i prefer to do nfp . It's been about 10 or 12 days since the spotting started again and I am having fertile cm. Crazy to think my body thinks its time to go again! Turns out this is normal in my family. Lots of babies only a year or so apart. And my sister got her period back at 8 weeks, same as me baby wearing,...
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to use, but I figure all of us have young babes, so we've all been postpartum recently.   DD is 2 months old and I've been spotting/bleeding off and on for weeks.  I only bled about 3 days, by the time I left the hospital it was mostly over.  Then at 10 days I bled heavily and it seems like every 2-3 weeks since I've been bleeding or spotting.  The heaviest was 2 weeks ago (about 7 weeks pp) and I bled lightly for 2 days.  I...
It's probably just scabbing, not a "hole"   I had very bad bleeding/scabbing with DS and when part of the scab came off I thought part of my nipple was gone!  It wasn't.  It healed just fine.   However, if you are dealing with bruising and mastitis at 3 weeks I would really address your latch.  I struggled with DS for weeks in part because he was so big (9lbs at birth, 12 pounds at 2 weeks) and because it was my first go at BF.
I agree with Viola   I have oversupply and the LC I saw last week put me on block feeding, every 4-5 hours I switch sides.  This gives me serious engorgement on the non-used side but she said it should send a signal to the brain to stop making milk over there.  When baby is older you might find that she likes the faster flow better and your "bad" boob will switch!
tsh of 1.87 is good - very normal.  Typically you want to be between 1 and 2.    I had my thyroid removed before I ever got pregnant.  I had oversupply with my first and noticed a drop in supply when they dropped my meds WAY to low.  This time around I have oversupply again but not nearly as bad. I'm being monitored more closely and my levels aren't as wild as they were with DS.   Who is checking your levels?  In my experience/opinion OB's/midwives/etc. who are...