or Connect

Posts by mmmeyer103

My daugher complained of burning while urinating. I think it was because at camp she was holding her urine all day.    I took her the next day for a urinalysis. It was neagative with slight dehydration noted. The next day my daughter symptoms vanished, no burning. She never had cloudy or smelly urine. It was always clear urine.   However, the culture grew E. Coli 10,000 count. He said it was sensitive to Bactrim antibiotic which he prescribed.   The doctor...
My 5 year old daughter had viral pneumonia and it turned bacterial several months later when she had one chest cold right after another. She did have two PC vaccines when she was an infant, but I stopped vaccinating. She is 5 now.   Should she get another PC vaccine becuase of her history now? They do think it was the strep type pneumonia because the blood test was negative for the walking type pneumonia and the Omnicef and IV type antibiotic worked...
My daughter is 4 years old. I breastfed her for 3.5 years. Now that she entered preK she is always sick with a cold or virus of some kind. It does seem like every week she is coming down with something new. What are your thoughts about boosting the immune system with Echinacea, Propolis, and/or Vitamin C? I read about a study that said the combo of the 3 really works. There is a product called Chizukit that combines all 3, but I can not seem to find it in US. Do you know...
Is it safe for 4 year old to take cod liver oil and a multivitamin? Or is that too much vitamin A? I was thinking of thinking of starting her on cod liver oil but have not yet since she takes a multivitamin. She eats a variety of food, but its not on a daily basis. Some weeks she eats more fruits and veggies than others. She prefers pizza and mac and cheese and foods like that. So I'm scared she does not get all the vitamins she needs in foods. She does love shrimp and...
Dear Dr. Sears,   My daughter used to take amoxicillin with no side effects. Last week while being treated for a sinus infection, developed a rash on her back and all of her chest after the 4th day of taking amoxicillin. She also develops a measles looking rash while taking azithromycin. The rash with both lasted over a week after stopping the antibiotic. So far there has been no breathing troubles or swelling, etc. during these reactions. The pediatrician does not...
I went to the forum for Dr. Sears to post a new thread, but there is no green box that says post a new thread. I noticed this on the other experts pages as well. Please give me instructions how to do this.   Thank you for your time.