or Connect

Posts by LoveRealFood

I think this is why it is soooo important to observe and respect your body. There are also two issues here; ethics and nutritional needs. Unfortunately many sources out there meld the two into one. They should really be considered separately in my opinion.   I think that if you are ethically opposed to meat but your health is failing or you are craving meat then the first step is to honestly evaluate what the health issues are. Write each one down (physiological...
This is a great conversation. I agree that raw milk is just as safe as any other food, if not safer due to the beneficial bacteria. The farms already mentioned have great records and here is a listing for some other farms in NY on our local WAPF website: http://wapfrocklandcounty.wordpress.com/local-resources/local-farms/   For those interested, Fox 5 News NY is doing an investigative piece about raw milk and the recent Raw Milk Rally in front of the FDA in MD. It...
Well the word you used is "killed". Pretty much the same thing, imo.    I do work with clients with IgE issues but my own children are allergy-free.   I still think you are blowing this whole thing way out of proportion.    I believe in people. And I believe in the freedom of people to learn about what is out there. Are you suggesting that people should not talk about certain modalities or anecdotes because you deem them irresponsible? Are you so offended by...
One thing I noticed right off the bat is that you are respecting your sons natural inclinations. I think that is wonderful! Considering your limitations I would definitely recommend getting bone broth in him at every meal. This can be done with the grains as you are already doing, as soup, or as a sauce. Does he like sauce? I take bone broth and reduce it a bit and add butter. It cooks down very nicely to a thickish sauce (kind of like demi-glace). Add sea salt and then...
Cindy,   It sounds like you are listening to and respecting your body. That is always a beautiful thing.
I spend a lot of time looking at research and I'll tell you that probably 90% or more of the stuff that is recommended on this site or any other site frequented by the alternative community has no scientific proof. If we were limited to recommending only stuff that is scientifically "proven" we wouldn't be talking as much as we do.    I think this topic is being beaten a little too much. I referred the OP to an idea that may or may not work. If she is interested she...
Yes, well I'm sure there are lots of things out there that can kill people. I don't see the harm in introducing someone to a possibly new idea. We are all thinking adults here I believe. I'm not a supporter of NAET per se and have never used it. However, I have obviously heard that it works for some people. My friend here has treated thousands of people. She hasn't killed anyone. And she is very responsible, I'm sure each person is tested. I can't speak about other...
There is no documentation. She is a personal friend and she told me. I am skeptical myself but I can't imagine she would lie. Her husband is a doctor and he was there when she told me and he said it was amazing....even knowing this, I still don't go to see her...I can't quite wrap my head around this....but hey, if works for some people, why not?
There is a difference between "true allergies", which are IgE mediated and those that are termed "sensitivities", which are typically IgG mediated. It is commonly said in nutrition and medical circles that IgE allergies are not "curable" but that sensitivities are. An allergy will have a pretty immediate reaction whereas sensitivities can take up to 7 days to show a reaction and reactions can be as vague as mood differences. This makes sensitivities hard to...
I have started a group called The Eat Well Club. We meet twice each month in Chestnut Ridge, NY (Rockland County).    "The Eat Well Club® is about supporting those who really want to eat better and feel better. Eating well is not always easy and even the most dedicated need some inspiration once in awhile. If you are struggling with staying on track or need a relatively constant source of support and inspiration then join us! Do you want to lose weight? Eat...