or Connect

Posts by NaomiLorelie

I'm late on this thread, but oh well. DP and I take the girls 3-4 times a year. We don't like the food that much. Too greasy, no veggies, I need me some (lots) veggies. But the girls get excited about getting a toy with their meal, and it is the one place that we can have a meal, let our girls run around on the play place with minimal worries about parental direction of their behavior. That is heaven. We have high expectations about public behavior so being able to go to a...
Quote: Originally Posted by weliveintheforest That makes no sense! Skimming fat off the top puts more calcium in the rest I prefer real milk, without homogenization and things added and whatnot. DH's doctor says this as well. Apparently, skim milk has more protein and calcium? Could be true, but from my perspective we need lots of good fats, and calcium isn't as necessary with a diet loaded with fruits and veggies and less meat. I say go...
This might take awhile. I probably can't get it all out in one post. This is nothing terrible. I shouldn't even complain but I can't deal anymore. I have three kids, 5,4,and 2. The two year old has literally destroyed me. I am not exaggerating. The first ten weeks of her life she wouldn't sleep until 4 AM. She had to be rocked and nursed. Then I had my 3 and 2 yo to take care of in the morning. I got between 2-4 hours of sleep for 10 weeks. I started hallucinating at...
Like my FIL. He refuses to learn because "he'll just mess it up". But everytime he visits I have to navigate through at least five different British news sites and scroll down when he needs me to. He could have learned by now. So annoying.
And BTW, your hair isn't yuck, it just could use a little more oomph and a little more me time. You are gorgeous.
I would get some long sideswept bangs. Your high forehead is perfect for it.
Overall, I like my neighbors. They are all friendly, although I would like to make some friends. Most people stay inside around here. Except the neighbor that I posted about in TAO about a week ago that went apes#%&@ on DH, called the cops when he ignored her because she started saying crude things about me, and then called me a superbitch to the cops. Seriously, the only contact I have had with this woman is to smile, wave, and say hi. We were so embarrassed but at least...
I'm 28. I actually feel younger than I did at 19. AND I think that by the time I turn thirty I will accept it. By the time I am 40 I will like it. By the time I am 50 I will love me for me!
Until we found our current gym DH and I did this. Honestly it didn't work fine for us. Between my working and school and him working our gym time was the only time available that we could have spent on us. Now we work out together, we encourage and inspire each other, and we have more "chilling" time at home together. Plus I would never be able to go more than 2-3 times a week as I have the kids most of the time. I know I am not the OP but having nice childcare at a gym...
I guess you can't expect more but you should say something to gym management. My gym has an identical set up but it is obvious they choose the most kid friendly associates for KidKare. Children aren't allowed to cry for more than 15 minutes but the babies I see (five days a week) are either playing happily or being held. Our girls are all known by name and my very clingy and distrustful 2yo loves it even though it took two weeks of me sitting with her while she cried. The...