or Connect

Posts by Soon2BeMom

transylvania_mom and Kristi - thanks so much for the kind words.  So far, I haven't found anything that substitutes for the closeness of breastfeeding.  She sometimes talks to the baby though and snuggles my belly, so that is very sweet.  I still feel like there's a new distance between us though.   fruitfulmomma - I had always imagined tandem nursing too.  I think I'll offer dd breastmilk after the baby's born and my milk is back to see if she's interested.
I'm pregnant now and this discussion has been helpful.  I really appreciate reading people's stories.  So maybe we should say birth is part luck and part accomplishment?  Some well-prepared, well-read people with lots of inner strength aren't able to have a "natural" birth without luck... some of these women have not-the-greatest luck during birth and still manage to soldier on, stay determined, and get their natural birth (what an amazing accomplishment!).  And without...
Do Old Navy and Gap carry the maternity line in their regular stores or do they have different specialty stores (like Gap Maternity)?  Or are you buying online?  I don't recall ever seeing any maternity clothes in the ones I've been to.
I'm having such a hard time with cooking.  I don't even want to be in the kitchen, much less cook.  The smells are terrible, and nothing seems appetizing to me.  I'm usually a cook-from-scratch person, so I don't eat out often and I don't keep many convenience foods on hand.  How am I supposed to get the nutrients I need???   I've lost 2 pounds so far at 12 weeks.  I had to switch to lowfat dairy around 5 weeks because my usual whole fat milk/yogurt was revolting!  So...
I'm so jealous of you ladies who love your OB/midwives!  I have GOT to switch!
I'll probably be switching.  I hated getting shuffled among the 7 different doctors in my group practice last time.  I always felt like they hadn't read my file and weren't up to speed.  They gave me conflicting info so I never knew who to listen to.  I wasn't pleased with the childbirth either - the doctors were never interested in my birth plan and told me to "just bring it with you to the hospital."  Despite insisting on a natural birth and no intervention through my...
I was on bed rest for 2 1/2 months with my first, so we had no choice but to schedule the shower for after dd's due date.  It worked out really well.  We didn't find out the baby's gender till her birth, so people had time to shop for pink (all pink, lots of pink, pink, pink!).  Everyone loved seeing the baby too.    Three things though: 1. the shower was over an hour away, which made for an unpleasant drive with a 3-week old.  2. I was super-paranoid about anyone...
Great ideas!  Sallyrae17, I have a lot of gender neutral stuff from last time too, but it's all WINTER stuff!  Argh, why didn't I time that better, lol!    I like the suggestions for whites or blacks and some good rock-n-roll shirts.  I've found a few Carters gender neutral things, but my problem with them is that we cloth diaper and I can't get a lot of them to fit over a cloth diaper and my chubby babies!  I love Hanna Andersson clothes because they usually fit...
I'm 12 weeks and I've lost nearly 2 pounds.  I'm not throwing up, but I'm nauseous constantly and most food is just repulsive to me.  I'm still eating what seems like plenty though.  I've been eating a bowl of oatmeal/prunes most days and try to drink at least 64 oz of water - that's helped me a lot with the constant "full" feeling, like everything is just sitting in my stomach, moving so so slow, and wanting to come back up.   I remember last pregnancy dh and I...
LilyTiger, I'm the same way.  I plan everything, but some things I just don't need to know to plan.  So we're not finding out.  It just doesn't feel right to me.  We didn't find out last time either, and I'm glad we didn't know.   It drove my family up the wall though!  And it really isn't easy to find nice gender neutral baby clothes - anybody found any good brands that have some?     ainh - I totally understand about those annoying conversations.  We just broke the...