or Connect

Posts by souperhero

We're planning on moving back to the western suburbs.  Our ds will be starting school next year after homeschooling. He has aspergers and challenging behavior that goes along with that.   Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the schools special ed programs in the western suburbs?   We're thinking of:   Elmhurst La Grange La Grange Park Lombard Itasca Wheaton Glen Ellyn   Thank you for any feedback you may have.
So, I posted in another thread that ds is currently being evaluated and most likely has aspergers. He is 6 1/2.   He has always had more intense tantrums and melt downs than other kids, he has always had sensory issues (threads on clothes, doesn't like his clothes to even have a drip of water on them) has difficulty transitioning, can get aggressive, nightmares (use to be night terrors), constant rude behavior (calls me names for no reason), does not pick up on...
Thank you so much for you responses. My mom was just here visiting for a week. It was really challenging having someone in my house for that long. I felt like our every move was under a microscope. "you should have handled that this way", "you should be doing this", "i would do this", "you should't have done that". I know we're not perfect parents and there is a lot we're working on, but at the moment we are just doing the best we can while being overwhelmed with...
Thank you. I was thinking after I posted about how I remember feeling the same way when I first became a mom. Natural birth, homebirth, nursing a toddler, co sleeping, not vaxing, etc... I dealt with it then and now I feel like I'm dealing with it all over again. This time around though, it feels more raw. This is my child they are talking about, not just my parenting. This is so much tougher. I feel like not only am I being judged, but so is ds.    I recently moved...
I've always known that ds (6 years) was different and had challenges, but he has always also been so much more interesting and full of personality. Lately though, his challenges have really been overshadowing his strengths. We have finally started to seek out help and a formal diagnosis to enable him to get the services he needs. We were seeing a behavioral therapist that thought it was pretty obvious that he has aspergers. I've always known that, but finally decided to...