or Connect

Posts by heyitskalista

Here we are- I still don't spray off Ruby's diapers and she's been "eating" solids for a few weeks. Until they're ingesting more of it, there won't be much change in their poop. I wouldn't worry. With my first, I didn't know anything and I just shook off what I could and threw the diapers in the wash (with most of the poop still on!). Gross but it was fine. I'm not saying you should do that, just saying that if you don't get the bits of asparagus off, it won't do any...
2 dozen would be the perfect amount for me (if I was only diapering one). We like to wash every 2-3 days. We've had less leaks with prefolds too. I will use the infant sized ones as inserts with pockets when we get them. I am a huge prefold fan. Just not when were going out and trying to pack "light" (is that even possible with 4 kids?!).
It's the same as any other carrier. Baby should be high enough that you can sit. I have the waist belt just under my boobs so there's lots of room to sit! I'm trying to figure out how to put into words how I get ruby on my back in the ergo. Lol. So much harder to verbalize than it is to just do!
It depends on the person.  I know people who adore their Ergos, I personally can't ever get it comfortable.  Same with the Boba.  My husband loves the fit of the boba and finds the Ergo quite comfortable too.  I haven't tried Becos though they look smaller and less bulky.     Can you get an infant insert for the Tula?  
I tandem wear often with my almost 3 year old and my 7 month old.  I don't like to do it in one wrap though.  It's awkward and inevitably someone wants down as soon as I've finished tying! ;)  I can do it in a six though (I'm 5'3 and 140-ish pounds...no boobs!).  My preference is a wrap on the back and a ring sling or shorty threaded through the wrap straps on the front.     If you really want to wear two in one wrap, it is possible!  I'm not sure on size though.  I can...
:(  Teething is always so sad.  Poor babe.  I hope you both get some sleep soon!   I stupidly tried reintroducing dairy since I had heard babies often outgrow their intolerance.  Besides the awful, bloody poops, we've been up at least once every hour for the past week or so.  Sigh.  Good bye ice cream.  Good bye cheese. 
Ruby was up on all fours this morning and rocking away.  I picked her up and put her down on her back.  I am not ready for crawling, thankyouverymuch! ;)   We bedshare still.  She sleeps between my husband and I or the wall and I, depending on which side she's last nursed on.  We used to put pillows on the floor when our bed wasn't against a wall (with our eldest).  She did fall out of bed a few times.  She landed on the pillow and proceeded to roll under the bed.  She...
In my experience, diaper changes at this age are unpleasant regardless of the diaper used! lol Ruby is always trying to roll away...or stick her hand in her poop, or grabbing the wipes/ clean diaper/ etc. and refusing to give them back.  Gah.     We use prefolds exclusively right now but I am about to order some pockets for night time and when we're out.  Packing prefolds and covers for two babies makes for a very stuffed diaper bag.  
I love it, wrenmoon!  I would never have thought to add embroidery...what a nice touch!   We love mai teis!  Our first ever carrier was a babyhawk.  I sold it and miss it a lot!  I want to get a WCMT to replace it.     I love that they're easy like SSCs but the fit is more customizable.  I can never get a good fit with our Ergo.  
I did baby led weaning exclusively with my middle two.  Choking wasn't much of an issue.  We gave them soft foods to start (well steamed carrots, etc.) so they were essentially feeding themselves purees.  They have a powerful gag reflex so things came up quite easily.     We aimed to do a mix of purees and BLW with Ruby.   I've made purees for her and offer them once a day.  So far she hates them.  She sits super still until it falls out of her mouth.  lol  She loves...