or Connect

Posts by ehooper

I have read through several other threads and I wanted to add that I did not realize the term BM was insulting or I would not have used it.  I've read other posts where the mother of stepkids was referred to as BM, and that's why I did the same.   Just wanted to mention that before I offended someone because I am new to this forum and I hope that I can find people that are willing to share their experiences with me.  Thanks!
When DH and I got married, my DSD and DSS asked if they could call me mom :)... however, their BM quickly put a stop to that, and she continues to make the children feel guilty for liking me. My DD's bio-father died when was 5, so she calls my DH dad.  We also have a 4 mo old son together... and not only has their BM told them I AM NOT and NEVER WILL BE their mother of any kind, she has told them that our son is not their brother.   To ease conflict and in attempt to...
This is a question directed towards moms with full or primary/majority physical custody of stepkids... I am wondering what was the deciding factor when the court granted DH (& you) primary/full custody of the children over their BM.  I've been a stepmother to DSD9 and DS6 for about a year and a half now. Because of some issues with their BM and the way she treats them, I think we may have grounds to seek full, or at least primary custody of the kids.  My DH is reluctant...
I have been married to my wonderful DH for a little over a year now. He has two children from prior marriage, V - girl, age 9, and R - boy, age 6. I have a daughter from a prior marriage, S - age 7, and we have an infant son together. When we first started dating and later got married the family situation was fine. The kids were all actually excited to have new siblings and two houses. DH and I tried very hard to instill into the kids that divorce is never the kids...
Hi Just Me. I read your post and I understand how you feel. I also think that your SD needs to know how you feel.  Her snide comment probably has more to do with her being a teenager than the fact that she is your SD... she's 14, she's showing off in front of a friend (because we all know how melodramatic teenage girls can be), and she's as self-absorbed as any other teenager out there.   My advice would be to talk to her alone (so that she doesn't feel ganged up on...