or Connect

Posts by islandmidwife

Aloha!  If you are interested in midwifery volunteerism in developing countries you will not want to miss this seminar that is happening on the Big Island!  Please follow this link to learn more.  Camping will be available, and scholarships are also available for those who fit specific criteria.  Please contact Dani Kennedy @ danielecta@gmail.com for more info.   http://islandmamasmidwifery.com/Island_Mamas_Midwifery/Midwifery_Education.html
Aloha Summerdarling,   I look forward to possibly meeting you in the future.  I am planning on attending the Odent conference in October.  I live on the Big Island, specifically in North Kohala.  It's about 30 minutes from Waimea, which has the best hospital on the island.  I live in a pretty rural community, Hawi is a really special place.  I love it here and really love having a home birth practice!  As far as the climate of midwifery on different islands, I keep...
Aloha!  If you are interested in midwifery volunteerism in developing countries you will not want to miss this seminar that is happening on the Big Island!  Please follow this link to learn more.  Camping will be available, and scholarships are also available for those who fit specific criteria.  Please contact Dani Kennedy @ danielecta@gmail.com for more info.   http://islandmamasmidwifery.com/Island_Mamas_Midwifery/Midwifery_Education.html
Aloha Summerdarling,   I would love to talk to you more about what it is like for CPMs here in Hawaii.  I love practicing midwifery here, and have felt very welcomed since opening my home birth practice a year ago.  I am able to make a decent living (though I work hard for it!) and feel like we are at a turning point for midwifery on the islands.  I will be ready for a midwifery partner soon, as my practice is growing quickly.  I work with another wonderful midwife...
We love lin-drying our Fuzzi Bunz in rural Hawaii!
Aloha island mamas! (or those who hope to soon be :)  I am a midwife in Hawaii. as well as the mama of my 5 and 3 year old.  I was surfing the internet last night, googled hawaii midwife and came across this forum.  After reading quite a few posts I see that many of you have discovered that there isn't much information out there about midwifery in Hawaii.  I had the same experience when I was looking to move here from Idaho.   I couldn't find anything about midwifery in...