or Connect

Posts by momgeog

I completely know what you mean! One test can lead to another test that can lead to another test really quickly and in the end the decision can be that nothing was wrong to begin with! I'm definitely going to ask more questions. My little one was exclusively breastfed until almost 9 mo (I've basically been letting him decide when and what type of food he wants, and he only recently decided that "real food" was interesting), so now I'm wondering as well if maybe the doc is...
Thanks for the link! I've downloaded the pdfs to look through. I don't know why I didn't think about checking their site - it definitely makes sense that they would have a recommended guide! Hmm...interesting. She didn't make any mention of a concern, but maybe I'll ask more pointedly. We actually went with her over the "national chain type" of pediatric group in the area because she seemed more accepting of different parenting styles than they did. Some in her practice...
I asked that exact question - it just seems to be part of her "standard operating procedure". I'm going to call the office again next week and press the issue some more (we still have several months before we are supposed to do it - she gave us the paperwork at his 9 mo appt to get the tests done and results to her before his 12 mo appt). I didn't want to immediately put up a big fuss about it if it was normal, and my experience with my older child had been abnormal. I'm...
As the title suggests, my family doctor wants me to have blood and urine work done for my baby before he turns 1. This seems to be her standard procedure. Did your pediatricians or family doctors request something similar? We took my older child to a pediatrician until he was over 1 year old, and we never had to do this so it seems odd to me (we moved and had to find a new doctor).   Thanks!
OP here, just wanted to post an update in case somebody sees this discussion later and wonders what happened. (I know I always wonder with discussions like these!)   We went ahead and did the IV sedation in the dentist's office after a lot of deliberation. In the end we decided that the anesthesiologist had such a strong track record and so many years of working with children in exactly this setting that we probably were in as good of hands, if not better, than we would...
I asked a somewhat similar question several months ago and this is what my research turned up regarding hammocks that older than 9 mo can sleep in -   1. Happy Hangup - out of Australia, there are mothering site members who love them but they are pricey. Sorry in a rush or I'd look up the names of members who have them! 2. Kanoe - out of US. 3. Special delivery, out of US (Hawaii). They've got a baby and toddler size. 4. A perhaps? knock-off of the Amby - or at least...
Sorry for being so slow in posting this, but THANK YOU ALL!!! once again for your thoughtful posts. You've given me lots to think about and consider. I've been talking with the dentist and anesthesiologist some more to try to figure out what is my best for my son and try to get as much pre-screening done as possible to try to rule out some of the unexpecteds. Still haven't decided for sure what route we'll go, but, as I said, your responses gave me lots to think about and...
Catching up on posts again -   We're not in the PNW, and I'm not aware of naturopathic dentists in our area. I have nothing against the idea of them, just not too sure if any are around!   We did get a second opinion from another pediatric dentist in the area. Not an easy task, as getting my LO to keep his mouth open for a dentist to look into it involves me holding him on my lap and keeping one arm still, a dental tech holding his other arm to keep it still, and him...
Ok, one more from me - I completely agree that if the issue is just cosmetic, don’t risk anything. However, from what I can gather from the dentist, this is not just cosmetic. According to her, the reason the tooth cracked so readily was because there was a cavity forming between the front teeth that weakened the tooth’s structure. I hadn’t noticed an issue before it was cracked, but then again I’m not trained as a dentist. (Dentist suggested that night nursing might be to...
OP here - just had the chance to see responses - we lost power last night with the storm - ugh! Will reply more specifically to all comments in another message, but for now ...   Thanks for the responses! I understand the concern about having work done in the dentist’s office rather than as an outpatient at a hospital, and I’m also still trying to decide how to deal with that issue. Since the anesthesiologist my dentist uses does the work in the dentist’s office, the...