or Connect

Posts by newtoTTC

I hope you feel better soon.  I am 14 wks pregnant with our first, and I remember thinking in the past few weeks, "I don't know how I could do this with a child to take care of!"  As another mom said, you are noticing the difference because you are a good mom.  I don't know if you have an objection to B vitamins, but the Emergen-C is great for a bigger dose of vitamin C and still tastes good.  The B vitamins are good for nausea too! :)  Good luck with your son's surgery,...
you may be able to order cranberry supplement and/or juice over the internet (supplement will probably be cheaper to ship).  Also, there is a great website called safefetus.com that gives the ratings for medication safety during pregnancy.  Maybe it will give you an indication of safety?  Good luck figuring it out. 
I have a funny question.  When I first started on mothering I was starting my TTC journey, as my screen name suggests.  Now we are no longer TTC but joyfully expecting our first baby.  I have been trying to figure out how to change my screen name but I have not been able!  If anyone knows how I would love suggestions.  Thanks!
ZenQuaker- I am so happy for you and your healthy little bean.  I hope this brings you a little closer to the peaceful pregnancy that is your goal! Maydaymom-  It is hard to be around people who take such a different view on birth, especially when they don't necessarily respect yours.  My sister had a home birth VBAC with her second child and there were many in my family who were very disrespectful about it.  now there have been several cousins who have had healthy...
Hello all, I will be changing my screen name soon (since we are no longer TTC, we did!) but followed along with you all for awhile in the sane 2ww.  We finally got our BFP and are due in early April.  Congratulations to all of you over here too.  It is good to see familiar names.  I have still not been able to convince myself it is really real.  ZenQuaker, I know exactly what you mean about checking every time you go to the bathroom.  I have no reason to think it won't...
you have to have the LH surge (OPK +) before you ovulate.  Basically you have the EWM, then positive OPK, then temp rise indicating ovulation has occurred.  You can start surging later in the day after you have taken the OPK, so that by the time you get a positive it has been going on for more than 24 hours, which I have read is part of what makes the EWM dry up?  the thing that is nice about temping and OPK together is you get the warning that it is coming but then you...
ZenQuaker, I love the moon idea.  It is nice to have a different way of marking time.  I am back in my 2ww and trying to be contemplative about it.  I went on vacation last week and I left my thermometer and OPKs at home.  I decided it was vacation and we would relax and BD if we wanted to and knowing would not change that.  I went back to temping when I got home but am thinking of putting the thermometer away for the rest of the month and just letting myself be.  I have...
ClumsySugarPlum I am sorry you are having a rough time.  I know it is hard to "fail" at something that seems like it comes so easily to others when you are TTC and then to have other life stressors on top of it.  I was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, which came as a complete shock considering I am young, active, eat relatively healthy (though slightly overweight) and have no diabetes in my family.  I definitely took it as a personal blow, almost embarrassing, as...
Dakipode,  I love the book Love walked in and the sequel Belong to Me, by Marisa de los Santos.  Both are romance and as my friend says "a chick flick in a book" but they are really well written and a nice light but entertaining distraction kind of book.     I am just finishing up AF and trying to get myself back on track with healthy eating and focusing without focusing too much.  good luck to those of you still in the 2ww!  I love the ideas and the general calmness...
Shawnamarie I also started progesterone cream this month (2x/day as per package), waited until 3-4 dpo to start but my chart was also all over the place.  I stayed above coverline but every other day seemed to be low.  i had attributed it to lots of fluctuation in night temps lately here but maybe it has something to do with the cream... AF has arrived for me (but I did get 1 more day out of my LP!) so we will see if it does the same thing next month.  good luck to you!