or Connect

Posts by newtoTTC

I am out of the 2ww, AF arrived yesterday.  Luckily I had a weekend full of friends and activity to distract me (even if it did involve a significant number of children and pregnant women!).   I love the ideas you have all had, I celebrated with a piece of cake (small but delicious) and a day of enjoying being with my husband, just the two of us.  I love the idea of care packages ZenQuaker I just didnt have time to put any together in time.  WritingLove I love your...
I have been recording my temps on paper and then I can just plug them all in at once.  Also, if I do plug them in sometimes I open the internet window very small so I can see the calendar but not the grid, so tempting to look!     I am 5 dpo, which is usually when I start to stress the most.  I have been gardening and baking and trying to keep busy so that there just isnt time to stress.  I find baking very soothing, even if I don't eat what I make.  I really like taking...
I have been following along with all of you and you have been helping me be a little bit saner.  I also had an artificial deadline... they make it so hard.  Last Saturday I threw a baby shower for my best friend, who started TTC the month after I did and conceived her first month.  I really wanted to be pregnant at her shower, even if no one knew it but me.  After the shower I found myself thinking of the next goal, the next deadline... So, my steps to stay sane this 2ww...
dauralia, if you are still in the process of figuring out what is going on but also looking to naturally maximize your chances while you figure things out a great book is Making Babies.  A friend of mine who has fertility issues recommended it and it is great.  It looks at things from both an Eastern and Western approach and then has advice on what to look for and what to do from both perspectives.  It isn't a magic fix but it has definitely made me feel at least...
It can be so hard TTC when everyone seems to have no trouble!  Is there anything in your charting that leads you to suspect a problem? low temps, short LP, etc?  The other tests I have had done that are quick and easy are thyroid, insulin, fasting glucose, progesterone (7 dpo, or preferably 5, 7, 9 dpo to see trend).  Some of them have very easy solutions and for me it turned up some unexpected things so it is worth checking out.  Most MDs won't have a problem testing...
Em,   The cycle doesnt technically start until you have actual bleeding, not spotting.  I definitely wouldnt count the days when it didnt even show up on the pad.  you could count the last 2 days as "light" with charting?  How do your temps look?  Did they drop around the time your spotting started?   Confusing cycles stink!      Congrats Mz J and late congrats to GoBecGo!  Yay for BFPs.   GOod luck tropicalfever. Its not over yet :)   AFM  CD23 and still no...
I started Metformin about a week and a half ago (CD 12) and should have Oed somewhere between CD 17 and 19.  I am sitting at CD 21 with no OPK + and no temp spike and wondering what the heck is going on!  I am irritatingly regular about Oing on 17-19 and then a 9 day LP.  I started the Metformin for high blood sugar, not for PCOS, but I was really hoping if anything it would extend my LP/improve ovulation, not postpone it.  Has anyone else had experience with starting...
Hello ladies,  I am still around, back in waiting to O (hopefully any day now) but have really just been lurking this cycle.  AFs arrival last cycle hit me harder emotionally than it has in a while and I needed to take a step back for my own sanity.  We are still trying, and trying hard to time BD right but I am focusing more on maximizing my own health and hoping that will get us where we need to be.  I have been reading and cheering you all on though....
Karen,  Probably too soon but it really depends on what you are seeing.  Is there something in your charting that makes you think there may be a problem?  really short LP, temp not really shifting up, etc?  Most MDs will test if you have a reason to be concerned, we have been trying for 9 months, after 7 talked to my MD about concerns and ended up finding out I have blood sugar issues, but I am obsessive about ruling things out.  I have heard the general rule of a year,...
TropicalFever the only thing to remember about the OPKs is they detect lutenizing hormone, not actual ovulation.  you can have a surge but not ovulate, so if you surge but your temp doesnt rise at all it may be that the surge didnt quite pop the egg free.  In this case you actually can get a second surge, along with a second batch of fertile CM as your body basically tries again.  I couldn't get your chart to work but what did it show?  You can also have a day or so...