or Connect

Posts by arizonawillow

We got a bunch of preemie clothes and she was able to wear them while still in the hospital. I'm sure it varies depending on the hospital. We did lose a blanket of ours to the hospital laundry though --it even had her name on it. The thing that still touches me the most is that our neighbors on our street gave us 14 meals. 2 solid weeks of dinners. It is still so sweet to me that they did that for us.
I don't know what I'm going to do yet. There is one doc in my area who will do VBA2Cs and he is about 45 minutes away for appointments and hospital location. I am fairly certain if I want to have the baby at a closer location I will have to have a scheduled c/section. But I will be closer. My last baby was a preemie and I really hope that doesn't happen again but if it does I don't know that I want to be at the hospital where the VBA2C guy is. I need to sit down and...
We didn't qualify, didn't get it, and it was very difficult to have my dd in the children's hospital for 8 days when she was 6 wks old. I really didn't think she'd have any problems and I don't know if the synagis shots would have prevented her illness... she was tested and did not have RSV but another unidentified virus. She had bronchiolitis and had apnea spells that were very scary. She ended up on her home monitor until 5 months old because of this illness too. Get the...
(my girl was a preemie and one of the first 12/08 babies... born in 10/08 ) 1. What's your babe eating these days? What's his/her favorite food? nursing's still her fave but she eats some pureed baby foods, some mashed up table foods. She chokes on fairly small chunks still. 2. What's been the hardest adjustment so far? just working thru the trauma of circumstances around her birth; she's super easy peasy baby. 3. What's your favorite time of day or routine with...
Hey! My baby girl is 8 months now (she was preemie) and scooting and getting up on her hands and knees. Almost crawling. She's eating one meal of baby food per day, mostly veggies or fruits.
Hey there mamas.... don't know if you remember me but I was in the 12/08 DDC and had my baby in October. Lauren is almost 7 months old now and such a sweetie. She was on the home monitor until 5 months old--we were going to take her off it earlier but then she was hospitalized for a week in December with apnea and bronchiolitis. We were so spooked by all her apnic episodes that we really needed to keep the monitor for a while longer. Anyway, those days are long past...
My EC update-- I'm not holding her over the sink anymore. She'll sit on the bjorn potty or let me hold her facing backwards over the toilet. She's had some really messy poopy diapers and I'm trying to pay more attention and catch those in the potty. For a really long time she would do a little tiny poo in almost every diaper, but now she is saving it up for messier diapers, less often.
I took my boys to the dr. yesterday and just had them weigh dd. She was 4 months old yesterday and is 11 lbs 7 oz.
I am a relaxed ECer, I also ECed with my 2 sons. I always use diapers or trainers. I mostly pee my baby over the bathroom sink (only at home though, I wouldn't ever do that in a public sink) and have also held her over the toilet. I have a baby bjorn splashproof potty (I don't think they're easy to find now but got it when my oldest was a baby, he's almost 9) and she has gone in it a couple times but her feet don't reach the floor yet while she sits on it, and she hates...
My baby was in the NICU for 12 days and I was away from her for 4 nights total during that time. Since then I have left her with dh for 2-3 hours several times. It is very easy to leave her with him compared to how difficult it was to sleep away from her those nights. We have pumped milk leftover from when she was in NICU and I was pumping and she'll take a bottle from dh. We haven't left her with anybody else.