or Connect

Posts by wellforth

Wow, some of you have been going through serious difficulty!  I am keeping you in my thoughts.   I'm just here to complain about my cranky baby who can't stop moving his body.  This baby is so tired, but keeps either sitting up or crawling when he's trying to sleep, or in that one second wake up between sleep cycles.  He looks very disoriented and upset when he does it.  He went from crawling to cruising in a couple of days.  He is all over the living room.  It's...
  at 5 a.m.      
We're still in the same boat of having a baby that needs to be touched by a parent at all times.  We have a friend who comes over once a week generally and hangs out with the baby for an hour, so we can have uninterrupted alone time.  I told her she is saving our marriage.  While I miss having sex every day pre-baby, I'll take what I can get!  We've tried working in a few quickies when the baby is distracted, but it really hasn't worked all that well.  A fussy baby is...
Luca eats everything, including computer cords.  I'm trying to make our living room a safe place for him to explore.  He can still get hurt (gravity always wins), but not die.  :D    According to my daughter's baby book, which I just stumbled across, she was just now mastering sitting on her own.    carey   ps My baby likes hummus!  And lentils!
I feel I haven't posted in forever!  We're now napping Luca in bed, rather than carrying him in the ergo for hours.  It was way easier than I expected to transition him, but he doesn't always nap on the first try, and I pretty much have to have nothing planned so I can be flexible about napping him.  The good part is that he has had a couple of 2-hour naps, and wakes up much differently than after his usual 45 minute naps.  The bad news is that I spend even more time in...
AF came back into my life about six weeks after Luca was born.  So not fair.  I have pretty regular cycles around 25 days long, and flow a moderate amount, and I have NO cramps, which is really incredible.  I've always had such painful periods, like vomit inducing pain.  But instead of cramps, I now have PMS, and that really sucks.  And in related news, my husband's vas was successful--zero sperm.  Hooray!   My milk supply totally drops during my periods.  And my...
JBK, they look the same color as my son's eyes.  Most people say "brown" but they definitely are not brown.
Yep, I totally jinxed myself last night.  It took 3 attempts, and Luca finally went down at 10 p.m. and stayed asleep.  Oddly enough, he only woke up to eat at midnight and not again til 6 a.m.  Yes, he technically slept through the night.  I got six hours of sleep in a row!!!  Thankfully, he slept another couple of hours after waking up this morning.    I bought a package of swim dipes, used one, and I am pretty sure Luca has outgrown them.  We have several cloth...
We're just starting to think about baby proofing, as Luca has taken a few tentative crawls.  This week he has been exploring the living room, and it ain't pretty.  We've got cords everywhere.  The art supplies are all down low--paint, rubber cement, and glitter, anyone?  The glider death trap is about the only thing he can pull up on, and he's all about pulling up.  Sigh.  I'm trying to get rid of furniture we don't need, replace on the cheap furniture that doesn't work,...
So cute!  These babies are ridiculously cute!!