or Connect

Posts by bznadk

Thank you so much for writing.  I can't even begin to imagine all you have been through....  The suggestions are all appreciated.  Peace and wellness to you and your family.
I'd be peeved about posting pictures of kids on facebook without permission from parents, esp. if the kids are identified.
I'd be peeved about posting pictures of kids on facebook without permission from parents, esp. if the kids are identified.
Thanks for the suggestions. We are in a very rural area and the oncologist is 4 + hours away....  Any support groups would be at least 1.5 hours, and at this point, the scheduling/travel/child care involved in attending would outweigh any benefit.  I think we will get a better handle on what the long term needs for care will be over the upcoming weeks.     My husband works from home, but travels frequently, so the kids are not noticing much out of the ordinary at...
Thanks for the scoop.  I don't have a serger, but I have gotten by lo these many years with a zig zag stitch around the edge.  A serger is on the 'someday' wish list for sure.  Gotcha on the Joann's coupons--I refuse to darken the door there without them. I also found some info.on Zorb.  It def. has mixed reviews, so it was helpful to hear how your experience has been.   I went through the closet yesterday and pulled out plenty of undies to experiment on.  Honestly,...
Thank you--I'm so glad your husband is doing well!  That is so reassuring.  There are days when I wonder if it will ever not be so all consuming.  Today was pretty good actually, but man oh man, yesterday sucked.     We have been focusing on super healthy eating to boost DH's immune system, so the cook books are a good suggestion.  I am usually a non-stop knitter with 5 different projects going at once, but I have totally lost the ability to focus on that.  I am...
Thanks so much for the suggestions.   Your DD must have a tough time of it.  Hugs to you all!     What is Zorb?  I'll have to look it up. PUL sews readily?  I have not tried this--yet-- but did some holiday sewing with waterproof coated fabrics and that went ok.  My sewing machine is starting to be ancient, but keeps plugging along!   My DH has been hoping to lose a bit of weight and sees that as a silver lining of this whole deal ;-)  I'm glad he can think that...
Thank you
Hi -- I am a regular MDC user but signed up with a new account b/c I know too many people IRL and need some anonymity just now.  My DH (45) was diagnosed with cancer last week.  I am trying to process all of this and be strong (for him) and carry on with regular life for our 3 kids.  The 'prognosis' is good at this point.  We have a treatment plan we are comfortable with right now and surgery will occur in 5 weeks.  How do I get through this waiting period?  I need help...
I read this read and couldn't not reply.  Good thoughts and healthy wishes to all of you.  My good friend's daughter was dx with GBM as a second grader.  It was so scary and overwhelming for her family.  My son was best buddies with the little brother and spent a lot of time at our house during that period of time, so we had a bit of an inside peak at how scary and hard this was for all of them.  It was actually very similar time frame to your DD-- right after...