or Connect

Posts by phxgirl1009

Hi, I am looking for recommendations on any childcare/preschools programs in the Fort Worth area that accept children that are not vaxed, or accept the Texas vaccine exemption form?  We have chosen to decline most vaccines for our 9-month-old at this time.  I understand my rights as a parent in the State of Texas not to vaccinate and that we can provide a public school with an exemption form and they are required by law to accept it.   However, I am still not clear...
Hi, I would personally and highly recommend contacting the midwives at Inanna Birth & Women's Care in Denton, Texas (Denton is located about 30-40 minutes north of Dallas).  We used them when we had our son last April and I cannot say enough good things about them!!  I believe they do VBACs, too.   Regarding a family doctor that is supportive of not vaxing, we use Family Care Center in Denton.  Dr. Tom Newell and his staff are compassionate, educated, and we love them.
Thank you, that's nice to hear!
Thanks, that's really helpful.  I have never been to that part of Maryland (only visited Annapolis and Baltimore), so I wondered what that area is like and how populated it is.  I could tell from Mapquest that it is rural.  Good to get info on the housing also, as we would prefer to live in more of a neighborhood rather than a home sitting on an acre of land where we can't see our neighbors.  It sounds like Sharpsburg will be our best bet.  I looked at Leesburg, but I...
Thanks, everyone!  I appreciate your responses and support.
Hi, thanks for your response!  It's my husband who will be commuting.  Preferably, he would like to be close to Shepherdstown, but we are open.  Good to know that Frederick is close by, and could be a possible option.
Hi Friends,   We will be moving from TX in the summer of 2013 for hubby's job (specifically located in the Shepherdstown, WV area). We have a 6-month-old son, and we have chosen to delay all vaccines at this time. Over the next several years, we may do one or two vaccines prior to him going to kindergarten, but that will be all. I am aware of WV's mandated vaccine laws for enrolling in public school and understand there is really no getting around them, or the list...
Hi Friends,   We will be moving from TX in the summer of 2013 for hubby's job (specifically located in the Shepherdstown, WV area). We have a 6-month-old son, and we have chosen to delay all vaccines at this time. Over the next several years, we may do one or two vaccines prior to him going to kindergarten, but that will be all. I am aware of WV's mandated vaccine laws for enrolling in public school and understand there is really no getting around them, or the list...
Hi Friends,   We will be moving from TX in the summer of 2013 for hubby's job (specifically located in the Shepherdstown, WV area).  We have a 6-month-old son, and we have chosen to delay all vaccines at this time.  Over the next several years, we may do one or two vaccines prior to him going to kindergarten, but that will be all.  I am aware of WV's mandated vaccine laws for enrolling in public school and understand there is really no getting around them, or the...
Hi there, I loved Diaper Free Baby by Christine Gross-Loh.  Here is a link to it on Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Diaper-Free-Baby-Natural-Training-Alternative/dp/0061229709/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330442458&sr=8-1   Our son is due in May.  Although I have not personally used the book's techniques because he hasn't arrived yet, I found the book to be very helpful with a lot of flexibility for parents looking to EC.  I will definitely refer back to it when we begin...