or Connect

Posts by Snurfy

No kidding! It's been in the 30s, threats of flooding and snow, and I'm an hour away from my midwife when there isn't traffic. It was quite amusing at my appointment yesterday when I stated I felt my due date was wrong. She spent a good 10-15 minutes arguing with me why it was completely accurate and went so far as to send me the ultrasound report and an article on how dating is done today. The really funny part was when both the ultrasound report and the article supported...
11/29
I started a new thread to make up for my lurking. I'd love to hear from everyone waiting on December babies.   http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1393795/december-chat-those-still-hanging-around
I've been mostly lurking, sorry for not being very active! Decided maybe I could start the December thread for those of us still pregnant. Anyone have guesses how late they'll go?
Just a reminder to all of you wonderful ladies - always trust your instincts!! I mentioned that I'm giving birth 5 hours away from my home, staying with my parents to give birth at their house, and I wasn't going to leave until a week before my due date. I started feeling like complete crap and panicked at home, so I made my husband take me down early. Long story short, I had a bunch of blood work today to show I'm on the road to pre-eclampsia, but fortunately there is...
I can't speak from experience in unschooling a teen, but remembering as a teen myself, this was so me. It wasn't until I read this blog (I agree with your critique of bloggers a lot, this one does not make money from her blog and openly admits her failures and concerns) just a couple weeks ago that it finally clicked why I was so apathetic about school even through college, constantly bored by subjects and skipping around in my interests.  She's got some other great posts...
Anyone feeling baby drop?
We got a convertible for our first baby to save money, she was in it until about 20months but she grew FAST. The only problem we ran into was that it's not really suited for a newborn even though it says it is, so we ended up getting a seat cushion to keep her head from tipping all over the place and make her more comfortable. You can get one from Britax that has been crash tested and skip all the warnings about how you can't have any cushions or pillows in a seat. If my...
Vaquitita - she sounds very old school, especially with the description of the curtains business. Winterizing was such a huge deal, and still is in some areas, especially with a pregnant woman/infant in the picture. I used to think it was silly to obsess about that stuff until I lived in an old ass house with no insulation for the last 2 winters. It cost us $200 a month to heat the place to a reasonable temperature and that was with the windows sealed in plastic and the...
I just had my 36 week prenatal to verify baby has indeed flipped head down finally! My due date is the 29th and I'm actually giving birth 5 hours away from where I live. I'm going to stay home for the next 3 weeks, then drive there just 1 week before my due date. My dating was done purely by u/s this time because my cycles were super messed up and I had a huge time frame in which I could have gotten pregnant, so I'm a little bit worried now. Had BH walking around on...