Type II diabetes (an autoimmune disease) occurs in response to excess fat (adipose tissue) and no one understands why at this point (research just beginning!). Yes, when you lose the weight, the disease vanishes. Also, 25% of obese individuals will not develop Type II diabetes...no one knows why yet. The other 75% will progress to active disease. Put simply, the immune system goes haywire in response to excess fat.
5/28/13 at 5:58pm