or Connect

Posts by Snydley

I had the same problem at the same age.  I used a miracle blanket and left one arm out.  It kinda helped but really I got no sleep for a month.  Sorry!     -Jen
My DD is in kindergarten too and her work sounds similar to what you described.  Her teacher told me that in the last 5 years she went from teaching K to teaching a full 1st grade curriculum (and not by choice).     I am very frustrated with it; while my DD is not saying that she is stupid, she is saying some of the worksheets are hard and she is not super thrilled about going to school in the mornings even though she loves her teacher and the kids.     I...
I'm not a clinician but my first thought is anemia- that would be an abnormal blood test result and make you feel very tired.    -Jen
Hi-    Geez from what I know of Burlington VT it's very crunchy.  Even with those stats you found I would not be worried.  My DH and I live in Mass and he recently had to spend a few days in Burlington; after what he told me about it (restaurants, nightlife, general vibe) we are going to go there for mini-getaway this summer.  Sounds like someplace I'd really like to live.   Jen
  When I say keep things simple and predictable I do not mean don't jump on her bike as a joke.  My thought is that she might be hair-trigger sensitive to that because she's feeling generally overwhelmed by changes in her daily schedule/lack of free time/too much stuff everywhere, etc (of course I have no idea how much of that is relevant to your home).   Here's one example..when my DD was 3ish she went through a phase where she would flip out if she didn't have a...
  I'm in total agreement with Linda on the Move here.  I believe that if you read the book Simplicity Parenting you'd find out how to solve this problem with your DD.   It has made ALL THE DIFFERENCE in my house.   Kids need life to be simple and predictable- with lots of unscheduled time to get to know (and like!) their true selves.  The more a child has this type of lifestyle, the MORE adaptable they are when things are changed up/go awry.     -Jen    
Fun thread!    Two things pop into my mind: (1) I spent a month in Brazil in 2006- went to a bunch of places there and the HIV conference in Rio.  Awesome.     (2)  I was on the Judge Mathis show!  I was a plaintiff and won the case.  I spent an hour or so in a large room with many other plaintiffs taping that day and I can tell you if you ever thought the people on shows like Jerry Springer were actors they ARE NOT- people that crazy really exist!!...
Hi-    I had a long term boyfriend (3+ years) and he discovered he was dyslexic while we were together.  He struggled in school his whole life (especially writing) and had no idea why.  He was very gifted in art.  When we met, he had just started a Master's program in teaching and I found myself re-writing his written assignments.  I told him that he was switching letters in words and making some plural when they shouldn't be..etc.  He then went for testing (if I'm...
Thanks for easing my guilt and for the suggestions.  I can feel when I am getting near the breaking point and I have to try stop the behavior there.   I think it's completely true that I am not being clear enough early enough.   Jen
Thanks.  "Attack" might be too strong of word, but hopefully you get the idea.  She sometimes is just ALL OVER ME.  The older she gets the less she does this, but geez!     I can see how maybe it's not fair to compare this to what happened between my mom and I.  We were usually having verbal fights and she'd then hit me.  Once she scratched me with her engagement ring, then asked me the next day what happened to my neck.  I told her what happened and she called me a liar....