or Connect

Posts by Snydley

We aren't exactly one and done, but we didn't start TTC#2 until now when DD is nearly 5.   I planned to TTC#2 3 years ago, and have thought about this every.single.day since (sad but true).  Most people (myself included) dream of our kids have a sibling, a best friend for life, we imagine the dinner table with us, DH, and the kiddos all talking happily about the days events, etc.   However:   You simply cannot predict your kids will be friends or be there for each...
They say "it takes a village" because that is what we are supposed to have..the village dissolved a generation ago.  It used to be that not only did most moms stay home, they all knew each other and the kids played in the street while they took turns watching them (ok not everywhere but certainly many many times more than now).  This way - everything basically got done and the parents played cards every weekend.     I'm not saying moms should or shouldn't stay home,...
I also miscarried before my DD (at 8 weeks).  I was rolling along blissfully happy and was in total shock when I lost the pregnancy.  I thought the miscarriage rates were much lower that they actually are and never expected it to happen to me.  I cried for days on end, became desperate to be pregnant again, and was a complete stress case until our 18week ultrasound with DD.     I think TTC again is opening up all the pain of that loss that I never addressed.  It...
Hi-    I can relate!!  My DD will be 5 in May, DH and I have been back and forth about TTC #2 for 3 years and it never seemed like a good idea to either of us to TTC during all that time.  Two moves, job insecurity, and through it all, the deep feeling that adding another would cause DD to suffer, because we did not have the time, energy, or resources for two.   Also, two babies with all we were dealing with and we would have been at each other's throats- which would...
Hi-    My nearly 5yo DD is full time co-sleeping with us and I think it's great for all.  I was very anti-cosleeping when she was born and it wasn't until a cross-country move when she was 2.5 that the co-sleeping began (she was scared in the new house; what could I do, let her cry hysterically not knowing where she was?).  It was then that I realized I'm actually AP.     She's such an affectionate, happy girl and I do think the co-sleeping has been integral to her...
Hi-    I was watching Suzie Orman one night (randomly) and LOVED her suggestions for kids.  She says no "ALLOWANCE"; why are you giving money for either doing nothing or for the simple tasks to contribute to the home maintenance (making your bed, etc)? Also, why would your DC's allowance increase just because you he/she gets older?    She says - cash for work. Period.  3 dollar tasks, 5, 10, up to $20.  The child must complete many 3 dollar tasks at the highest...
Hi-    DH and I recently hired a financial planner and he advised us to put a good portion of our extra money into one of these "life insurance to use while living" investments.  It's moderate growth over time and the nice thing about it is that it can be used for kids' college or your retirement, depending on what your situation is when the time arises.  It's important to remember that when it comes to colleges giving financial aid, they cannot ask you to give your...
Oh yea, I'm right there with you.  My DH said NO to another for quite a while, and now everything in our life is in place and DH seems excited to add another LO to the house...I'm still SO nervous about it.  I've thought about this extensively and I realize that for me, my concern is the pregnancy more than anything.  I miscarried before my DD and I'm realizing (now that I'm making myself vulnerable to going through it again) that I never dealt with that loss.  I wish I...