or Connect

Posts by junebug1

we've already had three (a viability scan at our RE's office ~ 7 weeks, a quick heartbeat scan at our OB's ~ 9 weeks, and the 12 week nuchal scan).  i have two more scheduled as well: the anatomy scan ~ 20 weeks and a follow-up one around ~24 weeks they do to check on the heart because it was an IVF pregnancy.   a friend of mine had placenta previa and it was super scary. it seems to me like a good thing to know about in advance of delivery because it risks both...
planet - your belly is so cute!!!  the pain sounds like sciatica, i didn't have it while pregnant but my partner did.  i don't think there is much you can do about it except for getting off your feet, and maybe warm compresses.  i hope it doesn't last your entire pregnancy :(   desert - love your wife's idea for warding off unwanted belly touching.  people are so clueless!!  to answer your question, our other kids are too young to really understand there is another...
  agreed!! 
I need a new pair of maternity work/dress pants stat.  I tried on my work pants from my last pregnancy this morning and they were too tight...ugh, that's why I should have worked harder to drop the baby weight from my last pregnancy before ttc!    Anyhow, favorite websites for ordering maternity work pants?  Discuss.  
  ohhhh....this is such a pet peeve of mine!! my SIL has "claimed" several boy names and several girl names, even though she's not getting married until later this year and wont ttc for several years after that.  imho, "claiming" names is not cool.  i think if your baby is born first, you can name him whatever you want.  there are just too many variables...your sister might never have kids, might have only girls, might change her mind by the time she actually delivers...
i am so sorry for your loss.  thinking of you this week. 
nos - im sorry to hear your mother's reaction didn't feel more sincere.  i hope she comes around as your pregnancy progresses and the baby arrives.  my MIL was the same way with our first and slowly, she's getting there.  as for hynobabies, i bought the home-study kit too, though i didn't end up making it through the whole course on my own (im a slacker).  i loved the pregnancy affirmation track. i am a worrywart, and it was nice to have those affirmations to go...
chica - that video is *adorable*, i love it!!!   mamabeakly - your FB announcement is so creative!! what a great idea!   afu re: announcements, we are going to wait a few more weeks.  even though im 15w now, i'm not ready to be "out" at work just yet (long story).  i've gotta hide the belly for at least this week and next.  after that, i'll tell my employer and am thinking of going public on FB with an ultrasound pic and a caption along the lines of "look what we...
nos - that might be the best 12w ultrasound photo i've ever seen, wow!!! (i commented in our ddc re: the loss of your twin, but i'll send another hug here too   )   desert - love the beach photos, ya'll are so cute!!
wow, im impressed with all of you active & motivated-to-be-active mamas!!  i'm heading in the wrong direction there...i've been feeling so crappy i actually cancelled my gym membeship last week, it just seemed crazy to keep paying for something i wasn't using!   let's see...for the "little wins" category: i didn't throw up yesterday! woohoo!!