or Connect

Posts by joycenjackiesmom

mommy212 I amazed to see someone suggest Kittrege--I was thinking it might be a good match myself.  Our little corner of the world has a great community feel, a blend of rentals and owner occupied homes and will fit in your budget easily---even some of the horse properties.  There are lots of kids of all ages (at least 5 8 year olds including my daughter). The schools are excellent and there are many who are least somewhat natural parents.  We have a great park in a...
Colorado Parent Magazine has a long list of camps in the Denver area---you can find it free at libraries and grocery stores.
DD #1 was 4.5 when I gave her the nudge to stop nursing.  She had nursed all through a pregnancy and after I went back to work and was pumping for DD#2 I couldn't have both nursing anymore.  She was only nursing once a day so it wasn't too hard for her.   DD#2 weaned herself abruptly at 18 months---one day she nursed like usual the next she refused.  I was able to convince her to nurse one more time when I became engorged but that was it---she wasn't even tempted...
I am in the Evergreen area as well but my daughters are older, 8 and 12.  I have met many moms with similar outlooks at the local parks (Kittredge Park in particular) over the years. 
I don't live in any of the areas you mentioned but when you mentioned Highlands Ranch my first thought was yuppie, conservative.  From either Littleton or Highlands Ranch a commute to Denver would involve some of the most difficult traffic in the metro area too.  I have to agree that Littleton would be closer match than Highlands Ranch but I am only familiar with a very small part of Littleton.  You should be able to find natural food stores throughout the area, with...
My daughter who is in 6th grade found out about Santa for sure last year when she was in 5th grade.  I suspected that she was almost sure in 4th grade because she didn't talk about Santa much that year--I decided to let her lead and would of answered if she had asked.  A year ago she made a point of running an errand with me alone.  While we were in the car she asked me to tell her the truth wether or not Santa was real.  At that point she said some of her friends still...
My now 12 year old dd asked for pattern blocks when she was in about 2nd grade.  I spent hours searching for them at the last minute and was so glad I did--she continued to use them for years even last year when she was 11 I would see her using them.  I think they are a great--long lasting--gift at that age.
I can only respond to some of your questions.  We moved to the foothills west of Denver 16 years ago from NJ.  Most years we get the most snow in the fall and spring (Oct, Nov and March, April)  with smaller snowstorms in the middle months.  There are exceptions to this--a few years ago we had some bigger storms in December two or three in a row.  I find the roads here much better  than I did in NJ (or in PA when I was in college).  They can get bad when it is actually...
My 7 year old dd acts a lot like yours--especially during the morning rush out the door. I do find that when I remember to ask her to get her clothes, shoes, jacket, backpack ready the night before she is more likely to do it independently than in the morning. Congrats on the pg.
My daughter fell on the growth chart at the same age as your son. At the time our doctor was concerned so he had me bring her in for a weight check once a month for three months by doing this we were able to establish that although she had dropped off of the original growth curve she was now following a new growth curve. Our doctor did not suggest nor did we use formula at this point although she was eating some solids at that time (fruits, vegetables and cereals for the...