or Connect

Posts by djinneyah

Maisie Elise (what?! thought for sure it would be a boy!) arrived Jan. 25th at 4:35 am, caught by her daddy after a crazy intense 1.5-hour labor 9 lbs 2 oz, 22 in...we're over the moon! congrats to all the other new mamas and love and patience for those still waiting...
40+4...woke up to some bloody show this morning (finally!!!!). hardly slept last night...crampy ctx, sore hips and back, nauseous...with all the prodromal crap i've had, i'm beginning to wonder if i'm just not going to have 'real labor' until i start pushing... really hoping this is my weekend. i don't know how much longer i can take this...
fingers crossed for you!
baths are fine. the risk of infection comes more from bacteria being pushed up the canal, like during a vaginal exam. the vagina does not normally pull things up and in at rest, typically only during an orgasm.
had just the faintest bloody show a while ago and having lots of pelvic/back pressure...some cramps, but nothing that really grabs me. dh is on call tonight...it would be absolute heaven if the kids went to bed and he got a call, and that's when labor finally picked up...
keep up liquid intake, no cervical exams/anything inserted in the vagina...that's all i got! hoping labor picks up for you soon!
yeah, positioning the baby a certain way isn't always necessary...sometimes it helps if they're having trouble getting the yuck up and out, but honestly? women left to their own devices will bring the baby up to their chest and cradle the baby. it's just nature. if baby sounds grunty/full of mucus you can turn them over onto their stomach, elevate their butt above their head, and pat their back. best bit of advice? read through the emergency manuals so you know the...
Quote: Originally Posted by AfricanQueen99 I want him out and named before my husband changes his mind again! :
i just ran across an excellent blog post about emergency childbirth...you can find it here: http://www.theunnecesarean.com/blog/...hildbirth.html as for the other issue....i was all hospital with my first, but UC'ed my second, and preparing to UC my third. a head full of swirling 'what-ifs', IME, is not uncommon as the birth gets closer, regardless of your birth plans. the trick is deciphering if it's your head that's concerned or your heart. if your heart is at peace...
today's my due date. nobody, and i mean NOBODY thought i would make it to january, let alone my due date..... and i woke up to a ton of housework and squabbling kids. so mad i could spit.