or Connect

Posts by awritermom

One favorite Easter gift here was a length of red sparkly fabric (the kind with sequins).  Over the last 10 years, it has been used as a cape, apron, skirt, tablecloth, blanket, etc.  For non-candy edibles, I like dried fruit and whole-grain crackers.  Other ideas: books, balls, silly socks, special soap/shampoo/lip balm/toothpaste, etc., jump ropes, hula hoops, wii games, dvds, piggy bank... 
When my ds1 was five months old, I was visiting my parents.  My step dad asked me "when are you going to stop nursing him?"  (I planned on going for at least a year and then for as long after as it felt right.)  I said, "I'm not sure.  We'll see."  He said, "Well, you're going to have to let him grow up sometime!"  Okay, yeah, he's five months old...I better worry that he's too immature and start making sure he "grows up!"  LOL!   Stepdad also objected to carseats...
Thanks for the advice.  The more I read, the less I think he needs anything done.  He did have a little white liquid discharge at the doctor's--they thought it was pus, but I am not sure of that.  They took a swab of it to culture, but I don't know the results.  He had severe pain for a few days, then it tapered off gradually.  Now after four days, he is fine.  I am continuing the antibiotics in case there was an infection, but more and more, I am wondering if the white...
Four days ago, my 21 month old started crying and screaming whenever he goes pee. I took him to the doctor. She said it was an infection at the head of his penis and referred us to a urologist because the hole was so small.  The urologist took one look and said he needs to be circumcised for medical reasons.  He didn't even mention any other options.  He said the pain is from the pressure of the pee trying to come out the small hole.   If that is so, why would it...