or Connect

Posts by Choose2Reuse

That's awful, I'm so sorry--and I hope we won't run into a similar problem, because my 16 month old DD still nurses all night too!  For what it's worth, her dentist told me that that's fine, and not to worry about nursing after brushing at night, that you should only worry about giving bottles.  So clearly not all dentists think it dooms kids to tooth decay.   It's amazing how much personal variation there is in tooth health.  My DH ticks me off because I do all the...
Hi, I still wear my DD (16 months, 20.5 lbs) quite a lot, though we often use the stroller too (for jogging).  I have an Ergo and a ring sling.  I can wear her in the ring sling for about 30 minutes before my shoulder gets tired.  I love my Ergo to pieces--though it's only inexpensive if you reckon up pennies per hour used--and we use it all the time.  I think a soft structured carrier of some sort, like an Ergo, is the way to go with a larger baby--it transfers the...
My DD loves almond pancakes made with almond flour, applesauce or ground pear, and a little bit of egg.  She eats them with yogurt.  (The recipe is in the book "The Top 100 Finger Foods for Babies and Children," which is an awesome cookbook!)   That book also has a recipe for "egg cups" (baked eggs with veggies in shells made from slices of ham or other meat) and little pig-in-blanket muffins, both of which my DD and DH also heartily approve. :)   If all else...
We used prefolds & covers and loved them.  One thing:  if you think you might have a smallish baby, consider splurging for the XS size dipes & covers.  My DD was 6 lbs 1 oz and even the Green Mountain Diaper XS prefolds (which I think were for up to 10 lbs) were HUGE on her at the beginning--I can't imagine trying to diaper her in a S size.  You can get covers that expand to fit multiple sizes of diapers (I like Thirsties duos and Sweetpea covers okay), or you can get...
I think you should try to forget the hurtful comments the doctor made and the idea that it's "too late" for your little one because he's already chubby.  It's never too late.  If you feed him healthy food and help him get lots of exercise, he will be fine, I'm sure.  (You should have seen my nephew--he was absolutely round when he was a baby, he walked late...then he started running and never stopped.  Now he's slim and trim.)   But I do think it's important to model...
Hi, I don't know if this will help, but my DD (15 months) hates, absolutely HATES, having to eat from a plate or in a high chair.  She wants to be on the move, and she wants to eat from my plate.  I decided it's not worth the battle--she gets a plate to eat off of (and sometimes she'll eat a little bit, usually a few bites, but sometimes a bunch), and I sit on the floor/chase her around and offer food till I think she's full.  It works.  My mom thinks it's weird, but...
The No Cry Sleep Solution book is great and is what our pediatrician recommends too.   But I have to admit that it doesn't work real well right now for our DD, who is usually a terrible sleeper...she is really sensitive to physical discomfort and has not slept through the night consistently since she started teething at about 8 months (she's 15 months now). :(  But on the rare occasions when nothing bothers her, she is very good about going to sleep, thanks (I think)...
I have a linen sling (unpadded) and spread over my whole shoulder, it was pretty good for about 30 or 45 minutes when my DD was 18 lbs-ish.  (She's skinny so that was around 9 months to a year old.)  I haven't used it much recently because she's a toddler now, but once she hit about 20 lbs I noticed that it was kinda hard on the shoulder.  I think kids just get heavy...after a while it hurts if you're carrying it all on one shoulder.  I really prefer my Ergo now, partly...
Hi, I just wanted to say good for you for still breastfeeding even though you hate it!   I have my moments when I'm not too fond of it either...my DD is 15 months and teething up a storm right now, and I have to say that I'm a little sick of having her ask for "dudh dudh" (milk) every other second day and night.  But usually I don't mind so much, and she is obviously very emotionally invested in it.    My DD was a scratcher too--I tried to keep her fingernails...
My DD was pretty small (6 lbs 1 oz) and the ONLY cover that fit for the first couple weeks was the Bummies XS (6-8 lbs).  I only had one though--Thirsties  duos size 1 and XS Thirsties worked pretty well, and were really nice after that for the whole XS prefold diaper size time period (till 10 lbs, I think).