or Connect

Posts by buko

Well, I kind of resigned myself to a 2-5-month potty strike (LOL!) based on all I had read.  Again-- this will be one of those things that, in 20 years, there will be an easy-peasy EC guide about, but for now, "Western" women are still muddling through.  It seems a "strike" from around walking until 13-15 months or so may be common, because if we lived in a hut or whatever, she would be taking herself outside to pee in the dirt.  She might not be ready to pee/poo in the...
Miss L is very funny-- everything is a huge joke.    She's extremely expressive and communicative, non-verbally (gestures, signs, screeches, etc.) and verbally (I mean-- she only has 4 "for sure" words, but she is rapidly working on about a dozen more-- just remains to be seen if she'll continue to use them every day).  She is very clear on likes and dislikes, and has been sorta on a "potty strike," so best believe she tells you when she doesn't want to potty!  (Seems to...
Just needed to update with what I think may be a serious potty pause/strike.  Over the Christmas holiday (spent at my grandmother's), we used 6 diapers in 5 full days (3 of which were overnight diapers), but at home, things became spottier and spottier.  The past few days in particular, she will protest in an extreme manner (an example of the tantrums she now throws when you, say, pick her up to take her somewhere and she didn't want to stop playing/whatever), and rarely...
Mine does... or, rather, sleeps in all kinds of positions, including her belly (probably 25% of the time).  She almost always has her head to the side, but when she doesn't, I might maybe try to coax it... but... I think at this age, it's not a major issue?  Don't take my word for it, but if s/he really couldn't breathe, I'm pretty sure a 10-month-old would move his/her head.  And while breathing in more CO2 might be an issue...  IDK...  I am not certain at this age, they...
Happy 2014! How did you spend your New Year's Eve? FTMs, how was last night different from last year's celebration (or lack thereof)?   It was kind of awesome.  I am resolving to reduce screen time (MDC is an exception), so we were actually eating a nice dinner and drinking wine and TALKING about our lives and goals... which is not so say we don't do that (since we both WAH part time, we do see and talk to each other plenty), but after baby went to bed, there was a...
SG-- I started a Jan thread.  :)
C&Ping @sgsnyder's post in the December thread to get us started... 
Take 15. No, an hour and a half.
Just had to put Kitty to sleep.  She had been on a slow decline for a while, but still.  :(
Oh, I hope so!  I always wish to find "real-time" updates on EC from birth to graduation, and there are a few blogs like that, but not very detailed.  So I do hope this helps some folks.  It helps me, anyway!