or Connect

Posts by buko

SG-- thanks.  It could absolutely be total coincidence!  So I'll see...
Oh, and since venting here magically solves problems!!!   Yahoo! mail has been down for a chunk of users (including me) for more than 36 hours.  UGH!  I do ALL my business online and while I have a few workarounds for SOME of my email needs, this is making me so so so so so anxious.  It's terrible!  I know, I know-- why am I still on Yahoo?  Because I got my email in 1998, so I was able to literally get just my exact initials (no extra numbers or anything fancy) @...
Oh, Typebug, that royally stinks!    Of course, if you're like me, things will take a turn for the better since you vented here!   No new teeth on the horizon AFAICT (8 are enough for now!) but it did occur to me that I've been drinking both more caffeine (which I don't think is the culprit) and more alcohol lately...  or rather, not more alcohol, but alcohol later in the evening, increasing the chances she was getting some when nursing around 11 or 12 am.  I'm...
We are officially starting to lose it here.  Off and on for a month or more, maybe related to learning to walk (she's getting pretty proficient), but...  She wakes up every 30 minutes or so ALL. NIGHT. LONG.   Now...  When I say all night long, she actually maaaaaybe stirs once, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe twice, before we come to bed, whenever that may be.  So that's 0-2 times from ~8:30 pm to 11:30-1 am (basically, usually 0-1x/3-4.5 hours).  After that, she is...
It sounds like you've tried everything, but just in case...  My BFF gave me Munchkin straw cups and I handed them to Miss L at about 7-8 months and she just immediately figured them out (not that she drinks a ton, but she does get water out pretty easily).  Probably just luck, but I did notice that pinching (or, I assume, biting) the tip of the straw causes some water to "suck up," so they do seem pretty easy...  
So, it wasn't problematic to you that they didn't keep the water out? How much moisture do they keep out? Any? Just trying to figure out what the point is to shoes if they are practically socks (though maybe they're a lot more-- just not familiar!)
I guess I was thinking if we went inside a store or whatever-- not that I wouldn't wear her FTMP, but I am not totally averse to putting her down now, either... Maybe I should be?   I see some SKR on sale now and am contemplating them, but they do seem a little less flexible than Robeez... or are they?
I mean, not REALLY early, like not Guinness Book early.    But early enough that I wanted to ask here instead of in Life with a Toddler.   Babe just turned 9 months and, though not *entirely* steady (anywhere from 5-20 independent steps at a time before she topples), wants to walk everywhere.  And I mean EVERYWHERE, including outside.  Winter and wet weather are here, and socks won't cut it outdoors.   See Kai Run? Preschoolians? Robeez? Pedoodles?   I'm so...
 Fabulous!!!  I must have mentioned it here before, but one of the things you always read about EC is "We changed like 3 total poopy diapers after 6 months!"  Well... must be nice!  Do you think it's because Miss L poops so frequently?  Maybe it's easier to catch when there's a big build-up for a baby who poops 1-2x/day (or less)?  Or maybe other people's kids go at a really consistent time, and they do it on timing?  Or do other kids actually indicate they have to go #2...
I had bumped this up to mention my cousin, but also because I thought my baby was going to walk a bit on the "early" side.  Well, she did take her first steps at 8.5 months and is now walking (not extremely proficiently, but for many steps at a time, all day) as of a day before she turned 9 months.  So not very early by this thread, but I guess early-ish!  I know @sgsnyder has a little walker on her hands, too, as of definitely less than 9 months!  :)