or Connect

Posts by buko

Just an update...  We went through a period of "a lot" of misses for a week or so (maybe 40% misses, very few catches that weren't upon waking from nap or sleep).  I thought this might have been a bit of a potty strike, as she learned to crawl and seems close to walking, but I think it was really that her signals were changing from a bit of a fuss to signing.  She signs somewhat frequently now and we are back down to 1-3 misses per day.   It's still a little tough to...
CM and everyone else-- look!  DIY Waldorfy toys!   http://sydneysteiner.com/2012/12/03/easy-handmade-waldorf-and-rie-toys/
What a bunch of cr@p, HoP!  And we vax, too, but that's just an outright LIE.  
CM, Miss L, just over 8 months, is surely 18-19 lbs by now, based on past measurements.  She feels like a bag of bricks-- I don't know how people who don't use slings and carriers do it!  She is still wearing a lot of 6 months because we do tees/cut off onesies and occasionally dresses, some 12 months (9 months where they exist) and 12 month pants in particular for the length (don't know how long she is, but she's always been longish) and CD coverage.  She really only...
I really like the charity tradition, Teles.
I've had 4 periods so far and am expecting another within a few days, most likely.  Maybe they're anovulatory (haven't gotten back into taking my temps consistently yet, we just use other protection), but they have been fairly regular.   And I cosleep, nurse on demand/through the night, didn't feed any solids until 6 months (by which time I had already had 2 or 3 periods), no pacifiers, almost no bottles, etc.    Miss L took a step (unassisted) and the fell today,...
KB, it's so hard-- you want to say good riddance (I mean, you probably should!), but it still stings!   Okay, we definitely have 2 more teeth almost through-- the "matching" ones on the sides of the 2 middle, on the bottom.  So she more or less has 8 teeth now.   Jean-- I forgot to say thanks for your input on the baby gates!  I think we are going to go for a suspension gate since it's so much cheaper and we will only be here a couple more months.  Like...
So excited for Olive, and ditto how well you're doing, WWW!   Coolest thing ever--   We were lying on the bed, where Miss L was nursing only intermittently, though I knew she was both hungry and sleepy.  She slowly made the “milk” sign, which she has recently begun using.  “Yes,” I said.  “That’s the sign for gatas.  Want some more gatas?”  I asked, shoving a boob in her face.  No takers.   She looked at her hand and back at me.  Then she stuck her thumb between a...
Yay!!!  Miss L really does like the EC-fave Baby Bjorn Little Potty (now discontinued, but can be found on eBay, etc.)  However, she has used and sometimes likes (she goes through phases) the Bebe Jou potty and the cheapo Ikea potty (a little big for her, still, but not terrible).  I have also heard the Becopotty is good (small enough) for EC.   We are sort of up and down here, with Miss L being louder and more emphatic in her protests if she doesn't have to go (or...
OMG, Kellybeth, isn't that awesome?!  Miss L just did it the other day-- after spending most of the afternoon with DH, they walked into my office and she said, "Hi, Mama!"  She has been saying Mama for a while, but only when really upset and wanting a boob.  This was like, acknowledging who I was and greeting me.  So validating-- like totally made my day, week, month.