or Connect

Posts by wantabeanbrat

absolutely!! count me in 
Love the monthly pics of E! so cute!   Rushil will complete 7 months tomorrow and still no where close to standing. I usually lift him up and let his feet touch the ground to let him figure out if he wants to stretch his legs, try standing etc - he will simply lift his bum up and bend his knees and get his legs up in the air towards his chest, thus i conclude....this lazy bum is in no rush to stand :)    as for crawling, he has recently started doing backward...
After paint all over the kitchen floor, messy clothes, and a couple unsuccessful attempts at finger painting due to wiggling toes+fingers and a restless 6 month old who cannot sit still even for a minute... I managed to get Rushil's hand and foot prints...finally!! and the smile on DH's face as we woke him up with our surprise gift and card was priceless...!!   Here's a pic of our first Father's day :)
What are your plans for Father's day? How do you plan to celebrate it?   This is our first baby and so DH's first father's day :) and I want to make it special for him. I bought a watch for DH which has been on his wish list for a while now. I bought it on amazon and got it shipped to our home. I was lucky to get the shipment delivered when DH wasn't home. Phewww!!!  am also planning to make a greeting card for DH with Rushil's foot prints on it and write a lil...
Awww....look at the joy on his face :) sheer bliss!!!
Crawling and teeth already? wow!  Thankfully...We are not there yet! These babies are growing so fast....feels like just yesterday I went through hours of labor and finally held him in my arms and now he is already 6 months!   Rushil has been gnawing at everything that he could get in his mouth almost since he was 2 months old. But yet no sign of teeth. He sometimes gets desperate and uses full force to pull my hand towards him and chew my fingers. His bites hurt...
There is "love at first sight"....and then there is "love at first bite" :) Rushil had alphonso mango as his first food and he simply loved it!!!!! DH's grand father has a mango grove far away in India and he shipped us the first produce of this season specially for his great grandson all the way to US!    
Thank you all for your responses :) we have started using Cetaphil Skin Restoring Moisturizer and so far it has worked great. His skin is smooth again and the red patch has healed well!
A friend referred this website as a good resource when you start solid foods! It has a ton of info on which foods are best to start with, their nutrient values, allergies if any etc.  http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/   We plan to EBF until the 6 month mark. This is our first so we are new to the "starting solids" game too! The grand parents on both sides are so excited and very eager to start solids. They have been pestering me to start solids since LO...
Don't worry!!! I don't think your three 5 ounce bottles are inadequate for a 9 hour stretch.  My LO takes almost the same amount when I am away at work and he is at 99 percentile for weight as per his pediatrician. Not all days are same though. Some days my LO will finish all 3 bottles and wait eagerly for me to come breastfeed him as soon as I am off of work. (I can see he is hungry the way he latches and is so focused, most other times my lil fellow is very...