or Connect

Posts by LandL

We are also experiencing a nap strike with DD (2.5yo). I am really hoping naps return before the baby arrive, but we'll see!
Ultrasound shows anterior placenta. DD was posterior and I could feel more movement against my skin early on than with this pregnancy. I am getting LOTS of movement but most of the kicks and punches are near my cervix and kidneys (ouch!). The position does help to explain why the heartbeat would become elusive with the Doppler during midwife appointments, as baby hides behind it :)
Still here, haven't been on to lurk much lately - everything's been smooth sailing past few weeks! We just did the ultrasound yesterday and surprised ourselves as I wanted to know what the gender was. It's a boy with 18 more weeks to go!
We had our ultrasound yesterday and I thought we were going to be Team Green, but I caved last minute. Our first was a surprise (girl!) and Hubby has really wanted to know with this one and I wasn't 100% positive on how I felt until at the moment of truth.  It's a Boy! Clear as day, too! Sizes show I am due closer to July 8th (like we thought) rather than June 29th. Kind a nervous as I've only dealt with baby girls my entire life.
I LOVE my Natibaby woven wrap, but I'm afraid it will be too hot for the desert. I've used a narrower gauze wrap during hot days with my first, but she was about 6 months by that time and could hold her head wrapped with legs out. My gauze wrap just isn't wide enough for some of the NB carries I like with the woven. Thinking I will get a new cut of gauze fabric that is wider, and have it serged.   I also have a mesh-style RS that is great for the summer and being in the...
I had mine encapsulated by our student midwife immediately post-birth using the TCM method (check out Pbi.info) and I want to do the same with this baby. I am also interested in finding out more about tinctures made with pieces of the placenta. Don't know if I will be up for doing the placenta myself this time. I've done it for friends in the past, I just think I will want to be snuggling with the babe and not so much cooking, cleaning, etc., so I may call her up again to...
We share a lot of symptoms!My mucous membranes in the sinus cavity have been non-stop swollen with post nasal drip; which have been causing pressure headaches and worsened the nausea. My eczema flares up pretty bad, too - which I haven't had in over 6 years!  Coconut oil seems to help my skin, along with Kerry's Herbals Miracle Salve (recommended for all rashes, nipple cracks, cuts, sores, scrapes, acne, sunburn, etc!) and making sure we have a humidifier running because...
   I followed the Brewer Diet as recommended by my midwife with my first pregnancy and felt pretty good, (overall I had a wonderful pregnancy). This time around has been difficult. I have been feeling up and down since the pregnancy started and maintaining our paleo style of eating requires more preparation than I have the energy for, thus I've fallen off the paleo wagon quite a bit.  My previous experience was it was challenging at first to reach the volume of foods...
Hi everyone! My name is Leanne   This is my second pregnancy with an EDD of 6/29, but hubby and I have a feeling it's more like mid-July (we don't remember coitus anytime during the anticipated ovulation time frame - definitely a few weeks after  , plus it was my first menstrual cycle postpartum with my first).   I am a SAHM with a DD (9/2011). We homebirth, hypno-birth, placenta encapsulate, breastfeed, bed share, cloth diaper/EC, babywear, and just do what feels...
My nausea is much worse this time, than with my first. I have had to force myself to eat our normal diet (which is usually paleo), but have noticed that I CRAVE non-paleo foods like bread, beans, and deep fried foods, A LOT. (Anyone else experience this?)   I have found that keeping a cup of ice water (sometimes with a slice of lemon) and sipping on that throughout the day has helped to ease the nausea and thus eat a decent, smaller-sized meal. But I am no where near...