or Connect

Posts by heatherfd

Thank you for your advice as to where & what I should be posting but I'm afraid that sounds like censorship . Ypu might not like my opinion but  as someone who has been delivering babies for 30 years , I am entitled to it . In any case , we have somehting in Australia called free speech .  
To the original poster, your husband needs to be fully informed to help his decision making .   It's unfortunate that members feel the need to ignore research from other countries which show bad outcomes for HB with trianied midwives in an itegrated system .   Its also unfortunate that MANA refuses to release the figures on HB it has been recording for several years.   One of the reasons I so rarely post on MDC is the feedback that comes form being honest .  
I had both my children by cesars . The first I was a prim breech where not evne the breech engaged . I was able to feed my son in theatre & was up showering the next day . Here in Australia , NSAID suppositories are used for post-op pain , that and some paracetamol.   For my second baby i was 43 , assisted conception with gestational diabetes and severe pre-ecplampsia , so VBAC wasnt an option ( well not a safe one ) . Again I had a cesar under spinal...
Can you explain how that would prevent or treat a PPH ?  
To the OP , you certainly had a lot of reasons to have a PPH, a difficult delivery and episiotomy .    Women who have had a PPH are at more risk of a PPH again  and of course theres the possibility  of shoulder dystocia again.    As someone who had a 3 litre PPH with my first delivery it can be very frightening both for you & your partner .   Its worthwhile talking to your care giver about what measures you can put in place to reassure you both about your PPH...
I've worked in Obstetrics in the UK & In Australia .for a total of 27 years . I currently work in a rural area with no access to an epidural service .   The vast majority of women deliver with either gas & air ( entonox ) or nothing.   By far & away most women cope really well but occasioanlly some really struggle with long difficult labours or abnormal positions & those are the occasions when I wish we did have an epidural service .   These are stoic country...
Can I just say that for someone to have previously had a 3 rd degree tear & what sounds like a difficult labour , elcetive CS is a perfectly reasonable choice .   I am amazed at those who call your actions selfish , quote " nature knows best " and seem brainwashed about vaginal v's Ceasar delivery. And the hide of quoting safety concnerns for the baby ?   As if your continence & sex life matter nothing ?   So choice is only good if you choose what someone...
Honestly, I'm horrified . With 2 other children to look after you must be barely able to stand up . Even 2 units would have  brought you up to 7 !!!!!   Oral iron should bring your Hb up by one gram per month , which means it will be a few months before you feel better !!!   Can you seen another Dr, your family Dr perhaps or just got to ED .   Without blood you're going to be a zombie for months and unable to care for your littlies & newborn .   Please...
Gosh, Im really surprised at the venomous tone of some of the comments . Poor care is poor care wherever it is delivered .   A competent midwife should have checked the placenta carefully in an adeqautely lit place.   There was more coverage in the UK press which highlighted that her husband made multiple calls to the midwife over ongoing blood loss.   I'm afraid this isnt an issue about homebirth but about the safety of mothers and care providers taking...
Hi, Im a GP Obestetrician in   Outback Australia & have been practising for 27 years .   .Obviously its sensible to get  the diagnosis confirmed . Chickenpox cam affect pregnant women but the time of most concern is under 18 weeks or at the time of delivery .   There was some recent research here in AUstralia confirming that over 95% of the time family " memories " of having had chickenpox were confirmed by blood testing - so If your mm says you had it you...