or Connect

Posts by wendipauline

Pregnancy related: Real Food For Mother and Baby by Nina Planck Healthy Sleep Habits Non-pregnancy related: Birdsong The Zookeepers Wife
I'm right there with so many of you in terms of symptoms! Had my first bout of heartburn this weekend, am dealing with insomnia and round ligament pain. And this bump is popping! I wore maternity pants for the very first time today My SO and I also had a name conversation the other night- initiated by him, which was reassuring because he hasn't been supportive of this pregnancy. Hopefully he is coming to terms with it... I'm still waiting for the glorious hair ro show...
see, now i want to go out and get a big, comfy cruiser!   my single-speed road bike with its itty-bitty saddle isn;t the most comfortable for pregnant riding- i need a cushy seat and a bike i can sit up straight on :)
so far today:   green smoothie (spinach, banana, strawberry, kiwi, almond milk, brown rice protein powder) hard-boiled egg an entire red bell pepper an avocado a cup of coffee (haven't had any in a week, but i've been getting awful headaches) a cup of full-fat greek yogurt with honey     planned for dinner: grilled salmon, possibly with pesto grilled asparagus another smoothie   i recently read nina planck's "real food for mother and baby" and...
  15 weeks, twins! This is the very first belly picture I've bothered to upload from my phone. Holy moly, I'm pregnant :O   (and more than a little nervous about just how big I am going to get)
I have been biking in Chicago for the last few years and love it, even though it really is dangerous. I was hit head on in October 2008 and had to have a couple of surgeries. Most of my cyclist friends have also been in serious accidents. I kind of hate to admit it, but i would be too nervous to ride ( at least on the busier major streets) while pregnant. Trails, though, are a different story. The forest preserve is a lovely place to ride, and I will likely do that this...
Hi everyone! I'm so glad to have found this forum. I'm Wendi and I'm pregnant for the first time at age 32 and I'm having fraternal twins! I'm so relieved to be 14 weeks along, finally, and I'm actually starting to feel a little better. Morning sickness was never bad, but the fatigue, bloating, and all of the rest was awful. The beginning of this pregnancy was super stressful. I got pregnant while on birth control, and my significant other (of approximately 4 years) was...
Hi all. I'm expecting twins on September 7 First pregnancy, and very surprised.
I second West Suburban Midwives. They are caring for me during my first pregnancy (even though I am having twins) and I've had the loveliest experience with them so far.