or Connect

Posts by afr2010

Hiking with my family at Trough Creek National Park, PA. Wearing my 6m old DD
You can do it!  Our bodies were made for this!  Read all you can. Research all you can.  Make a birth plan!    had one hospital birth (which was traumatic and lead to PPD) and one UC. ( I wanted a home birth with a midwife, but the state I live in is very hostile towards them and I couldn't find one who would attend.) My UC was phenomenal.  I was very clear minded during and after.  Being able to move about the way that felt good to me during labor made it very...
I didn't tell any of my in-laws or family other than my sister (who had a previous homebirth with midwives) and my mother.  I didn't get into detail with them and I told them that I might go to the hospital if my body told me to.  I told my best friend (who's never had babies before) and she just nodded and smiled. I did get prenatal care because I hadn't decided on my UC until 25ish weeks along.  When it started becoming obvious that I'd be overdue and they started...
here is my birth story!  http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1363058/uc-of-caroline-anne#post_17106704
http://ecknrodeh.wordpress.com/
I'd just like to update everyone. I did UC! labor was amazing, never once wanted someone besides DH with me, never once thought about an epidural.   I'm so glad I wasn't in the hospital, but next time I do hope I can have a midwife attended delivery , maybe... I'll be posting my birth story soon on the UC bored. 
I'd just like to update everyone. I did UC! labor was amazing, never once wanted someone besides DH with me, never once thought about an epidural.  However pushing and delivery got scary, my water took it's good old time to break and I didn't have the urge to push until 1 1/2 hrs after "pushing stage" started. Baby girl was born covered in blood, I'm thinking partial placenta abruption? the cord was still pulsing though, which was a miracle. And the placenta did come out...
SHE is finally here, almost 12 hours old already. 
ok, going insane again. Still no baby! I'm so tired and feel like I'm no where close yet.  Contractions spaced out to every 20 minutes as soon as the sun came up yesterday, then picked back up as soon as it went down. these contractions f***** hurt. going on 48 hours, omg. 
Had "bloody show" this morning and all day.  Contractions have been 3-7 minutes apart  & 1 min long for the past 15 hours. Some really stop me in my tracks but I can usually talk through them. It's been a pretty relaxing and normal day.  Now my back and thighs are starting to throb, so we'll see where things lead!  I'm hoping to get some sleep tonight. I'm so excited and happy that we'll get to meet this baby soon!     Thank you all for thinking of me  and keeping me...