or Connect

Posts by momomom

I'm planning my first UC in August!  Very excited.  I am also doing my own prenatal care because our insurance, which we pay out the wazoo for!!!, sucks.  And the midwife fees in New Mexico are high, because most insurances here pay for midwifery care.  We qill move to Nebraska 4 weeks b4 my due date and midwives can't attend homebirths there.      I am hoping to develop my list of needed supplies... I am a compulsive planner.  I have a birth kit, but without the...
I had 1 hossy birth, not horrific, but not good either.  Then 2 homebirths with an AWESOME midwife.  Now we will be moving to a state where midwifery at homebirths is illegal- ugh!  That's why we are looking into UC.  Both my midwives feel I am a good candidate for UC.  Heart and Hands was the book recommended to me by my midwife.  At first I was thinking, UC, no way!  But now that I have decided, I feel really excited and happy.  Dh is a lil' worried yet, but he plans...
Hi, I'm Maureen.  I am 19 weeks preggo, due August 12.  Right now we live in New Mexico, but we will be moving to Nebraska in July.  One of only 2 states where you can't find a midwife!!!  I've heard only 1 mw, from SD, will come there.  But my labors are FAST.  My mw here and my mw in Kansas both feel I am a great candidate for unassisted.  (Baby #2 and baby #3 were born at home, this is 4.)   My main issue is a tendency to bleed after birth and b4 the placenta...
Well, here's some bad news. I haven't seen other research or carefully examined the study design, though: http://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20081...-babies-linked This study is the opposite of what the Brewer Diet says. The Brewer diet is designed to grow big babies! Also, FWIW, ds was 8 lb 11 oz- I gained 40 lb- and is a big-boned 5 yo boy who is in the 90% and dd started out 9 lb 6 oz- i gained 45 lb- and by 1 year was only in the 15%, but totally healthy. She...
I am hypoglycemic and I know many herbs have a blood-sugar-lowering effect. I am preggo and I am having this problem with my Traditional Medicinals Preg tea. I don't want to stop herbal tea for the next 9 months- is there any way to offset the blood sugar lowering? I am already eating frequently and very healthily.
Every child is so different! I have never spent a night away from my kids- 5yo and 2yo. I wouldn't unless it was a necessity- such as a hospital stay. My son- 5yo- has always been a little clingy. Dh and I prefer to get our alone time in other ways- getting up early for a breakfast "date", or taking a sitter with us when we go out, ocasionally leaving them with grandparents. If I had my babies in hospitals, I would leave the others with my mom who is the best with ...
Thank you all! I think I will continue to buy organic clothing when I can find it on sale. But since most of the hand-me-downs I have received for dd and ds are in ok condition, I guess it would be better to just make do with less and not buy anything unless it is absolutely necessary. I'll need to have a mantra when I am out shopping, though, because baby stuff is just so irresistible when I am pregnant!!!
Oh! I feel better now. I was kinda having a preggo freak-out over it today!!!
I am on a relatively tight budget and right now I am focusing on getting more organic food into our diet, with good success. We eat simply so going organic is pretty feasible. But as I consider my third pregnancy, I am wondering about organic clothing. I have a 5 yo and a 2 yo and the thought of buying them organic makes me guffaw because they are so hard on clothes anything other than hand-me-downs is a waste of money. (Dd cut a hole in her almost-new hanna playdress...
have you ever heard of natural progesterone cream? it can really help equalize your hormones... you can take an online test to help you determine if you have "estrogen dominance" -kinda sounds like you might. also, check out two books: Fertility, Cycles, and Nutrition by Marilyn Shannon and What your doctor might not tell you about premenopause, by john lee. (NOT that you are premenopausal! It has other topics in it!) Personally, my son is 6 months and I've not had a...