or Connect

Posts by AndreaJay

Thank you all for responses back when I posted this. I've been completely unrealistic about my own limitations while mothering- this is an old, pushing-too-hard and becoming emotionally erratic along the journey habit pre-motherhood that I'm really trying to see for what it is and let it go. It's been a rollercoaster of a year, and it would've just plain been reasonable to let things go anyway in terms of work, though it took me stressing my body into a completely anxious...
I'm reaching out not because I have answers, unfortunately, but because I'm on a similar slope right now myself. Us moms of high standards are so, so hard on ourselves too, and so when it feels I can't handle the pressure of the day to day anymore I start in on such unneeded negative banter, as if I'm some failure for not measuring up to already stress-inducing, unnatural standards.   So I send my love, because I know how painful it is becoming more an more isolated...
I'm so hesitant to even type away on the subject...   I find myself becoming embarrassed on the subject of mental health. My professional background had involved working with higher-needs children and understanding human development and some of the ins-and-outs of mental health in children, so I just feel like an even larger walking-talking failure when I'm in a bit of a low place like this.   I'm a simple person, I really am. And so, feeling so swamped by life...
Life has been filled with transition for my young little twin boys...   We're 16 months in and through the duration of their lives have purchased and moved into a home/commercial property combo, renovated and set up my business (a small child care facility).   Which all seemed well and good. Now we're in a place in which I can still work in the early childhood education field which I loved so much, and raise my children. Eventually we'd like to homeschool, so I...
I have found peanut butter can mask the taste of a lot of things, and therefore in a pinch I can throw together really odd concoctions featuring whatever snuck-in veggies or herbs ! have on hand and it all tastes ok! Healthy and the kids like it- all that matters to me!   Today we mixed a rice-puff cereal with natural peanut butter, chives and a touch of honey and moulded the mix into interesting shapes- fun and easy!   I always keep a vat of peanut butter or...
Just looking for anyone to chime in and throw me a "this too shall pass" or experiences of your own that you've survived to help me through this period of time.   I know this is all temporary, though I'm getting so burnt out that I'm having a harder and harder time holding onto any thread of rational thought to talk myself through.   And I have such a great life! I have two beautiful toddling twins, a great partner and home, I've recently opened a business that's...
Good for you! No doubt, you'll be in for a great birth and subsequent recovery experience in being so healthy now. Be easy with yourself too though. In my experience, activity does start petering out when the big birth day gets closer (and the big bump gets more gigantic!), and learn to accept that and be okay with it too. You may feel a shift from cardio-focused activity to lower impact activities that can be quite grounding (great for soon going into birth too!). I'm...
Looking for a quad-stroller, triple at the very least. Anyone have recommendations?   Cheers! Thank you :)
I only have info based on my experience delivering my mono-di twins 10 months ago. Though I'll gladly share. :)   I was fortunate to have prenatal care at one of the best of the best maternity hospitals around, and I really valued how much information and research was available surrounding multiple pregnancies, births, etc. when I was going through my pregnancy experience. Those covering my care dealt routinely with twins and more, which was great. With that said, I...
I'm sorry to admit, but I did react to your question with a little chuckle- only because I remember how ungodly big I was at the end of my multiple pregnancy, and how desperately I clung onto just looking sort of "cute" in something- ANYTHING- to try to salvage some sort of sanity as a woman. My heart goes out to you.   Get beachy- flowy, long dresses in the biggest size you can find them in. Something with a little stretch is nice because your eventually un-pregnant...