or Connect

Posts by SunnyPerch

As for resources, I recommend Infant Potty Training (Laurie Boucke) and Diaper Free (Ingrid bauer). They were both great, and I didn't even have to buy them. The library was happy to purchase them for me. :) Diaper Free Baby.org is also a great resource, as is the EC board on this site. The Diaper Free book gave me one great piece of advice that I still follow: to avoid praise for pottying. I adhered to this, because I didn't want him to ever feel manipulated in this...
Welcome, Jen! A first time mama - how exciting!! I practiced EC with my DS (36 months) and would love to share experiences if you have any questions or wanna talk about it! I love love love EC--learning about this method and tuning in to my child was like a huge revelation to me, as I'd never heard of it until my pregnancy when I was researching cloth vs. disposables. It wasn't always easy or glamorous (well, what IS when you are parenting an infant?!), but so very worth...
I am going through the some thing with my DS (though he's a bit older...36 months). About six weeks ago my supply really started dropping and I doubt he was getting much of anything. But he has always been crazy addicted to nursing so we kept on. After a while my hormones started going crazy too and I just had this skin crawl feeling every time he nursed. I just flat out did not enjoy it at all, it made me very uncomfortable. I got him down to just two nursings a day,...
I just took another test (different brand) and the positive line was VERY bold. You were right, Okimom, guess there are some wild variations... I'm not totally at ease, as of course this isn't what those tests are designed for, and I still want to get an u/s, but I don't have the same feeling of urgency. I can wait a few days. I also ordered my own fetal doppler and should have it in a few days. :-)
Zubeldia, thanks for the reassurances.  I am hesitant to go to the ER because a. my husband would freak out and b. they charge outrageously   SpringMum, thanks also. I may still call Planned Parenthood to see if they offer u/s. Maybe they'd be cheaper than the er? I am just so not knowing what to do right now. I think I might just call my former midwife and offer to pay her just to come do a quick exam, maybe measure fundal height and see if we can get the heartbeat...
My doc is off today so I can't talk to him, but after my call yesterday they've ordered a blood test at the hospital. I'm upset. I've read online that after 5-6 weeks of pregnancy, HCG levels are much less predictive of pregnancy viability than an ultrasound. So basically I feel like I will be wasting both my time and money for an HCG test which won't tell me much by itself, especially since these are mainly useful when there are a series of them for comparison. But they...
Thanks, OrangeMoon. I will post back when I get some answers!    
Thanks, everyone, for your concern. DelawareMom and icy02 - thank you for the suggestions. As far as I know we do still have a Planned Parenthood in town. I had no idea you could go there for an u/s, but I may be making a call or visit tomorrow depending on what happens with my OB in the morning.   Springmum, I will post this on the main pregnancy forum. Good idea.   I am pretty disappointed also that my OB's office never called back this afternoon. This is...
I called the office earlier and explained my situation to the receptionist. She was supposed to send a message to my OB and call back. But...I haven't gotten any calls yet, and now it's after 5. :(  The more I think about this, the more worried I am. The line is very faint. Has anyone had a similar experience? If so what was the outcome (good or bad)?
I'm so sorry. :(  My body passed the m/c naturally so this question didn't even arise for me, and I have no suggestions. I just wanted to say I'm really sorry for your loss.