or Connect

Posts by SunnyPerch

I took a pregnancy test this morning. No particular reason why, except maybe relief/worry that my constant nausea has started to abate. Anyway, I happened to have an extra test in the closet, so I just did. The line indicating pregnancy was obviously positive, but not a dark pink. It was much lighter than the test bar. And certainly lighter than my positive tests from the end of Jan.   I had a first-tri m/c last fall, and I think it can be very hard to relax about...
I haven't actually deleted my account but I haven't posted in many months and removed my shortcuts and iPhone Facebook app about a month ago. Then I set myself a strict limit of only visiting FB one hour on Sunday if I choose, hoping to end it completely soon. But there is a wonderful mom's group that posts interesting articles and provides a forum for feedback and information and that is the main place I check out if I'm ever on there any more, which is not often...
We saved everything from #1 so thankfully we don't really need anything other than dipes and maybe some new washcloths. I bought a ton of G-Diapers but didn't really care for them, and after many washings the velcro gave out on the small ones. So we fluctuated between that and disposables, and not sure which way to go this time around.   My essentials include my Ergo/cloth wraps, boppy, and the swing and bouncy seat both came in very handy, as did the yoga ball for...
I agree...but at the same time I feel it can be confusing to use a different yardstick than everyone else when measuring how far along I am. Is this a case of 'when in rome...'?    
No. Our midwife did the first few WBV at our home, so I guess we were never really on the ped's radar.  I kind of blindly assumed the pediatrician's office would call and let me know when he was due for a wbv, but those calls just never came and I didn't know the usual schedule.   I did take him in a few times that first year anyway due to my own concerns or an illness, and at one of those appointments they suggested scheduling a wbv at 18 mos.  I agreed and took him...
Undecided -- and it's starting to drive me crazy!! I go back and forth on a daily (hourly) basis. I almost wish we had a birth center nearby--that would be a wonderful compromise between my desire for a non-interventionist birth experience versus my fear of something going wrong (and in my own home of all places).   With my DS we planned a homebirth, but as I quickly learned birth does not always go according to mama's desires. I ended up at hospital with a c/s for a...
I have no idea but that's an interesting thought! Since you're a more experienced mama this time, are you doing anything differently like eating crackers before getting out of bed, or eating differently in general?   All I know is that for me, this pregnancy so far feels very much the same as when I was carrying my DS. Exhausted, constant nausea, repulsed by many foods (especially pork), etc. These symptoms eased up mostly by the end of that first tri, so wishing for...
Just recently took my 3yr old for first appointment to a pediatric dentist. It was great, way better than I was expecting. We read some books (nonfiction and picture books) about going to the dentist for several weeks beforehand. While there, he was able to lay across my lap with his head in the dentist's lap and did remarkably well, no problems at all. He was thrilled to get all kinds of goodies when we left, too.
My 3-yr-old is still nursing, and I don't think he's getting much of anything. My lack of supply seems to have no bearing on his enthusiasm, though. I've dropped him to just morning and night as my breasts were/are so sore and sensitive and unfortunately nursing just makes my skin crawl right now.
So sorry for your loss. :(