or Connect

Posts by SunnyPerch

Our current house is probably over 3000 sq ft. with 4/5 bedrooms and 4.5 baths. It's only me, my husband, son (and baby #2 arriving soon), and one cat. At first I loved it - so much room to stretch out! Three floors to roam. Storage galore. Wood floors. But over time I have grown to dislike the cleaning required, the way the unused rooms accumulate so much crap, the four bathrooms to maintain. We're not maid type people - I do my own cleaning etc. Sometimes you have to...
My DS is three and will be 3.5 when the baby arrives. In the beginning when he was just learning about the pregnancy, he would say things like "just throw the baby in the trash" and such, which of course bothered me. Also, I weaned him on his third b-day and I think he was processing some unhappy feelings about that at the time. Slowly he has come around to being more excited about the new arrival. But it may switch back again, and I'm sure the first few months are hard...
Feeling better today...ate a few saltines this morning, and tonight even a couple slices of turkey. I've been trying to rehydrate all day. Still very weak and tired but at least no more vomiting!! I wondered about the IV thing. From what I recall, when I had my son (c-section) I went without fluids for probably 24 hours and was absolutely DYING of thirst that afternoon. Nevermind that I was being pumped full of IV fluids round the clock. Are IVs normally supposed to...
Need I say more? It's awful and has gotten our whole household. I haven't been able to keep anything down all day. Tonight I am doing okay with ice chips alone finally, but still feeling nauseated, and now have diarrhea on top of the vomiting. As a pregnant mama, when do you start worrying seriously about dehydration? I tried to call my OB's office for advice this afternoon but forgot they close early on Fridays.   BTW, no fever. Just vomiting. diarrhea, malaise,...
Thanks so much for all of your thoughtful responses!! Springmum: yes, he'll be the delivery doctor. He has his own practice, where he is the sole practitioner. I respect him because when he took over this practice years ago, he agreed to continue the previous doctor's service of providing backup to our area midwives. He is the ONLY doctor which does this in our entire town. I really respect him for that and I think it shows how much he respects natural birth. But I...
We are tightening our financial belts and so hubby is canceling our CrossFit membership, which was draining us of around $200/month. I understand and am on board with this move, but still, I'm really bummed. I'm not much of a self starter with exercise, and not having a coach/class leaves me unaccountable. :(  At least I still have yoga 3x/week!   I will be checking here more often for ideas/motivation on how to stay fit.
He's a good guy, but I am having a very hard time with not feeling like there is any connection, as if he wouldn't recognize me if we walked by each other on the street. It does sort of bother me because he will be part of a very intimate family moment.   Also, he did actually deliver my first baby by c-section a few years ago, and did a great job. I'd met him on only two short prenatal visits before the delivery because we'd planned a homebirth. I had the same...
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-rubin-eugenics-mothers-day-20120513,0,4681748.story   Did anyone catch this op-ed in the LA Times yesterday? I found it interesting (yet not surprising) that John Harvey Kellogg, the same man who popularized routine circumcision of infants in the U.S., was also a huge proponent of eugenics. Kinda makes me wish I believed in heaven and hell, because surely there would be a special place in the latter for this...
Congrats all!!  Zub, your son is such a lil' cutie!   We did the balloon thing yesterday and they were PINK! I was not at all surprised, but I think my husband was in a state of shock. :)