or Connect

Posts by SunnyPerch

Welcome!  I have the same due date and also have a 3yo (boy)! I like your envelope idea. I've been toying with the idea of finding out the gender (we didn't last time), and if we do, I'd like to find out in a similar way. :)
Congrats! I love the name Wynnie!
I should preface this by saying I'm very small in stature. I started my last pregnancy (3.5 years ago) at 96 lbs, gained a total of about 25. This pregnancy, my starting weight was a bit higher at 110 lbs. (I guess that's what 2 yrs of sleep deprivation will do...).    I thought I was gaining a bit of weight, but I weighed in yesterday morning at 110 lbs. and I'm 17 weeks. If I weigh later in the day I am more like 112-113 lbs. But I figured I'd gained at least ten...
Just read a story about newborn infants going through drug-withdrawal in Tennessee which has me bawling. Well, when I got to the part about an older man, a retiree, who volunteers six hours a week to rock and cuddle these poor babies, then I lost it. I mean, so glad people are willing to do such things but it's also so sad to me that these babies must be born into such awful conditions and that they need a total stranger to rock and hold them rather than their own...
Zubeldia, where do you find Centergy classes? Is that a YMCA offering, dvd, etc?  I am amazed you can row 10K. I despise rowing but try to do it once in a while as I know it's a weakness, and a good alternative to some other exercises. And about the popping - YES. I have a meeting with my supervisor this week (I work from home mostly) so I don't think I can avoid sharing the news any longer. It will be, um, a tad obvious. And I guess, at 17 weeks, it's probably...
Oct. 5th!  
I wouldn't put any money on those odds. :-)  But...aren't you getting your next U/S soon? Mine is in two weeks at almost 20 weeks, which is (I assume) when they'll be able to tell me the gender.
Thanks, ladies! It makes more sense now that you've put the pieces together for me!  And how exciting to have all our appointments on the same day. :)   While waiting for the ultrasound scan, my mind was split in two directions. The involuntary: "Oh god, please PLEASE don't let this be bad. I can't face news like this alone. Don't cry don't cry don't cry." Then I collected myself and wedged in some positive thoughts:  "Cool - a chance to sneak a peek at my little...
I had my sixteen week appointment today. There was a bit of anxiety as my OB couldn't find the baby's heartbeat with the doppler. After several minutes, we ended up moving to the other room and using the ultrasound machine.   Fortunately all looked fine, the baby was very active, etc. I never did get a clear indication of why we wouldn't have been able to hear the heartbeat with the doppler though, at almost 17 weeks. By comparison, he found it almost immediately at...
Oh, I should also mention my child-rearing bible of sorts: Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves (by Naomi Aldort). This book is my go-to resource after a rough day, centers me, helps me remember the kind of mother I want to be. I've read it straight through a a couple of times and underlined powerful passages (there are a lot of them). It has given me a lot to think about in my own development as a person as well.