or Connect

Posts by SunnyPerch

I haven't done the test, and don't plan to at the moment, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am for all the stress you're going through. :(  Wishing you the best.
Anything by Dr. Sears is good. :)  Also, an often overlooked (or unknown) aspect of AP is Elimination Communication. We practiced this with my son from 4 weeks on and it has been remarkable. Some good resources on this subject include 'Infant Potty Training' by Laurie Boucke and 'Diaper Free: the Gentle Wisdom of Natural Infant Hygiene' by Bauer (two of my two favorites).   I have also really enjoyed listening to Progressive Parenting podcasts by Gina Kirby. I...
Today was a fun Crossfit day! We did a 400M run carrying a bumper plate (I only used ten lb). Then 10 burpee/box jumps, 20 kettlebell taters (swing KB at chest level, then go down into squat), 30 overhead walking lunges  (again just a 10lb plate), 40 KB push-press (20 per arm, 18 lbs), and back down again doing the same set but in reverse, ending with another 400M run. I came in first in under 20 min. ONLY because I had the (by far) lightest weights. :) But hey,  I still...
*Barf*   The only holistic and kind thing to do would be leaving the poor child's penis ALONE. There IS no kind or gentle way to sexually mutilate another being. 
My mom found a train table at a yard sale when my son was about 1.5 yrs. He LOVES it and plays on it every day. He is three now. I like that it keeps our floor from becoming (such) a cluttered mess! Sometimes we have his train track set up and other times, we clear it off for Legos, but usually he just plays with his millions of cars and trucks on this table. It gives him a smooth rolling surface for these vehicles that he wouldn't be able to achieve on the...
I bought a few Old Navy tanks the other day. I'm barely 5' tall and I usually hate how their shirts go on forever, but now that I'm pregnant, I really appreciate the added length. The layered look still sorta works with my non-maternity shirts and covers that panel on my m.pants.   I also bought a couple of long-ish cotton skirts at Old Navy. They are cute and comfy and I think they'll be seeing a lot of wear in the coming months. Again, none of this was maternity...
I totally agree, if nothing else exercise does wonders for mental health. :) I do Crossfit 3x a week, and on the alternate days I attend a prenatal yoga class. I love my new schedule. When pregnant with my son I was so busy working 2 jobs that all I could do was bike to work occasionally and yoga 1x week, and sometimes at home using a video. I thought I was doing good then, but I'm in a much better place now, physically (even if I did start this pregnancy 10lb over where...
What's wrong with the W position? This is how my son usually sits on the floor. I didn't think anything of it. I was never comfortable like that though, even as a child.
Good ideas, Mamazee. I think a squirtgun fight would be right up his alley...that's one way to get the head wet :)   It can be hard to come up with solutions when you feel like every step of the day is a battle, and your creative energy just feels tapped out. But not every day is like that, fortunately. I find that our days go MUCH better when my son doesn't have screen time. While 30-45 minutes in front of the TV may buy me time to make breakfast/dinner, we also...
Anyone else getting intermittent groin pains? I'll be walking along and out of the blue, it feels like I pulled a groin muscle. It's happened twice now. The first time I was putzing around the house. Then today, I was jogging down the sidewalk trying to keep up with my 3-yr-old, and it hit me again. the discomfort generally fades after 5-10 minutes.