or Connect

Posts by SunnyPerch

This is my reality. Some days are better than others. Sometimes with the clothes, if he's really fighting it, I might give it a rest for a few, then re-approach it as a compromise (ie: "I'll make you a deal: you keep your jammies shirt on, but we change your pants. Deal?") and then he's at least partly presentable.   My son HATES having his hair brushed or combed. He will scream like I'm branding him with an iron. But he has fine hair that tends to look like a pipe...
Leighi, I took note of your idea of using a visual and sat my son down with me in front of the computer yesterday afternoon while we looked at some bottle mouth pictures. I thought this might help him visualize what could happen to his teeth without proper care. Then we switched to some fun toothbrush videos -  there was a Barney one, and the Charlie Brown one where Snoopy uses Lucy's toothbrush. lol. Well apparently that did help because that night he willingly picked...
Me, me!!! I have had them off and on for at least a few weeks now. Today has been one long low-grade headache that I think started around the time of my toddler's screaming meltdown at Target earlier. I remember getting a lot of headaches when pregnant with my son also. Then I  attributed it to the increased blood supply....   Unfortunately I have never been successful in sleeping one off, or escaping it by any means other than Tylenol, actually. :( 
Everything you ladies have mentioned have now kicked off new cravings. I guess I'm very impressionable. :)    Pregnova, I forgot to mention oranges too. I've been lovin' those so much lately. And steak. Oh lord. I was planning to make Indian chicken for dinner but Texas Roadhouse suddenly sounds so much better!!!    
I tell people as I see them, if it seems like a good time to share the news, but I don't post on Facebook about it or anything. I thought that, after having a m/c last fall, I wouldn't share such news again until much later. But for some reason I didn't feel that way at all when we got pregnant again. People have been great about it. Well, I haven't shared with my boss or supervisor, but I work from home and there hasn't been an opportune time yet.
I am really digging hardboiled eggs lately. Weird. Also, a dish of plain yogurt, with frozen wild blueberries and a sprinkling of granola. Yum!
For the love of god, PLEASE let me brush your friggin' teeth already! It will only take ONE MINUTE and we've already been fighting about it for THIRTY MINUTES now!!!  Are you waiting for my head to spin?!?!   And don't stick your fingers in your butt crack! It's not sanitary, and even though you don't know what that word means, just trust me on this!!
It has always been a struggle with my son, now 37 months. We had about 4 months recently where it was slightly less of a struggle because he became interested in a calendar/sticker reward system (the reward was just placing a sticker on his calendar). But he grew bored with that, and we're now back in toothbrush hell.   We brush twice a day. The routine doesn't vary, and it's not like I spring this task on him out of the blue, but he still fights it tooth and nail...
I remember when my mom was busted by my 2-yr old. I was at the grocery store with him one afternoon, and he was starting to have a meltdown while we waited in line. I caved in and handed him his first lollipop (or so I thought) from a jar on the counter, just so we could get out of there without a scene. As I handed it to him, and he looked at it and blurted the first association that came to his mind: "Nana!" I was like, "What?!" Yes, she'd already give him one without...
Lulu, I LOVE your post!! I learned about EC during my pregnancy and we started practicing it once my son was about 6 weeks old and I was beginning to pick up on his cues. It's amazing - within two weeks I was no longer in any doubt that we were truly communicating on this issue, and that this tiny infant possessed a degree of bladder/sphincter control that would shock most people. He was rarely in diapers by one year, day-trained by 15 months for sure, and night-trained...