or Connect

Posts by M Green

It DOES seem to me that throughout this thread, there is a lot of "something can go wrong and so a hospital is the place to be" fearmongering.    There are people on this board that have made it clear that they are so afraid of the birthing process that the only place they would deliver is in a hospital.  And I'm glad that if they are that afraid, then this is what they chose because if you're freaking out, you will NOT be able to pay attention to what needs to be...
heatherfd wrote: Thank you for that comment .   Saying that, I have noticed on the net stories of homebirth gone wrong ( NOT trying to scare anyone here, just commenting on what's out there already ) and the 2 themes that commonly run through them are :   - " Nobody told me "   - " I thought it was safe "   I actually thought I was being helpful , but clearly not...
I'm 37 and this is my 6th pregnancy.  I have had 3 hospital births that had complications in some way or another.  With the exception of the first one (I had pre-eclampsia that *I* diagnosed), the second one had mild complications and the last moderate ones--all due to the hospital staff.  The second one I tore a little, the third one, my baby had head compression and some stress (due to their lack of patience and pushing of pitocin), low blood sugar (which they tried to...