or Connect

Posts by Labbemama2

Hmm, this is the exact objection that I have to journaling for myself.  If I wrote as if other people were going to read it, what would I write about?  (Although I had a grandmother who wrote the daily news, weather, high and lo temp.)    My sister-in-law though told me that she writes a few journals a year and then has a burning ceremony.    My sister and my mom found my diary when I was sixteen and read some very personal stuff.  Mostly how much I was bugged by...
Lesstraveledby, I see you are aware that you struggle with goodbyes and that you are aware your child is watching and learning from your example, So I guess like the other poster before me stated you may have to do acting, What would a more manageable, positive goodbye look like for you?  Or what would you envision yourself doing in front of your child?    I'm grieving right now and so I have to admit I've had to "fake it" to pull myself out of bed and show my...
So here's a question, maybe some of you have older kids or have been the kid/adult returning home.    My almost 19 y.o daughter is returning home to me.  A little background you'd need to know is that her dad and I had a domestic violence issue and at one point he assaulted her when she was 16 and that's the point where I got out.  Now it's almost 3 years later.  She has bounced around tried different things had a really rough time of it and not really her fault, not...
I understand that people probably don't know what to say to that.    Does anybody remember me?    I have some good news today. My oldest child is coming back home.  Not under good circumstances...issues with her dad my ex, but I'm cheered by the thought of having her at home for a bit.     
I am just so Lost.  On January 19th, my husband Ronnie took his own life.  He had tried several different times in his life.  I just feel so horrible that this time was the last time and I had no idea how depressed he was so fast.  I wish I could have just one more talk with him.  A do-over of that night.  I'm just missing him so bad.  I don't know how I can live with this CURSE that he has passed on to me.  I'm going to counseling, taking meds, six weeks out, but I'm...
Oliver's mom,I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's attempt at suicide.  I'm so glad for you that she is alive. I hope you'll get to talk to her soon.  I hope they can find some treatment that will make her feel like life is worth living. 
It's been so long since I posted.  I was posting in the surviving abuse forum. But it's been so long that I forgot my username info.  SOme of you who've been here like two years might remember me.    Well it appears I have a lot of work to do on myself.    My life has been one bumpy ride.  But I'm trying to get back to being me again.    I have survived husband number 1 and husband number 2.    Tomorrow I'm going back to work for the first time after my...