or Connect

Posts by LitMom

It's rare that someone comes up to me and comments on my parenting or what my kids eat or wear (People used to, so I assume they're now old enough that I imagine most people figure they made any questionable choices themselves), but generally if anyone does comment on anything as ridiculous as sugar, I tell them to go away. And not politely.   I am generally more strict than the parents we see frequently, and while that's fine with me, I have talked to my kids in private...
They all talk to them on the phone, but my MIL is the most tech-savvy of the bunch. She and FIL do video calls sometimes. She texts with me and DH, but the kids don't own their own phones, so they rarely text to MIL or FIL. They talk to my dad on the phone and they see him in person fairly regularly as he lives nearby. He doesn't text. He doesn't do video calls. FIL was playing Draw Free, a phone app, with DD for a while. She would draw a pic and he had to guess what it...
Breakfast for dinner! Scrambled eggs and buttermilk pancakes!
4:      Today was not a good day spendig wise. DH and I are going to be in a little magazine for our industry. Cool! Got a free, tasty lunch out of it! But my mascara was dried out, since I rarely wear it, so I picked up new en route to office, and it was $$$. Oh well. Then a taxi to get back because we ran long and I was late to get to sitter. I bought the kids a few snacks after the day we've had, but that would fit into my spending budget for the week. Rats! I did get...
I am thankful that our heat, hot water, and dryer are provided by our landlord as part of the rent, so we don't have to hang dry in winter, even though we do so all summer! (It is unfortunately in the basement, so 4 flights down and 4 back up, though!) DH and I have been each taking out a small amount of cash for lunches and miscellaneous stuff and saying when that runs out, it's out for the week. I will do that again this month. I'm trying to keep events/snacks costs...
Cool! May I join? a. Who you are Homeschooling mom to 6 and 9 year old; co-own two small businesses with DH. He is the creative side of the businesses and I handle the $. I work 2 days a week (weekends) and he "works 5," but really it ends up super late nights (he's still there now, 8pm Friday!) and sneaking in work after the kids re in bed on weekends. b. Where you are going (your financial goals) Short term save up for DDs upcoming birthday (she wants a small...
Pizza from freezer, edamame, roasted cauliflower. Yum! A few days ago I winged a quinoa, diced butternut squash, and white bean dish, starting with veggie broth and making a stew type dish out of it. I bet that would work just as well with rice instead. I'd toss in some bacon for flavor too. Rest of week: Thursday Sausages and hot dogs that need to get used up... Probably with carrot and apple slaw and goat cheese and crackers Friday chickpea curry over rice Saturday Mac...
When we went for our most recent shots, I needed a shot too. I got it first and showed them that it's a very quick pinch. DD who is 9 went next, and while she was a little silly about it when sitting in the office waiting, she even commented afterward that she had forgotten how easy it was. DS who is 6 went last, and he was motivated to show that he could fuss less than his sister.   I think letting them see an adult getting a shot with no fuss is a help. I think it's...
Veggie Chili   1 cup quinoa 1 jar salsa however spicy you want it 2 cans beans of your choice chili powder to taste   Start the quinoa first, 7-10 minutes or so, then add everything else and let it simmer 5-7 minutes to get the beans and salsa warm. Top with shredded cheese, or not for vegan. Easy, veggie, fast, all shelf stable, reasonably healthy. 
I haven't, but I've donated breastmilk. And I would if there were a situation where it was needed in an emergency or something.