or Connect

Posts by ckhagen

My first was ROT (although it's not noted in my records as anything but CPD, it was obvious from the molding on his forehead!). He never really descended past 0 station. My water was broken as part of an induction at 2cm (bad, bad, BAD idea!). I had an epi at 4cm. I was confined to the bed for then entire duration of the labor. Dilation stalled at 7cm and swelling developed because of the poor positioning. c/s was done after that (38 hours post-start of induction). My...
I was checked at a prenatal and was 0cm, 0% effacement, with an unengaged baby. About an hour later labor contractions started and babe was born 35 hours later. At 15 hours prior to birth I was 5cm and 90% effaced.
The OB who did my first c/s is becoming infamous in these parts for manual placenta removal. She's one of the most impatient people on this planet and if it doesn't come out within a couple minutes she starts pulling on the cord. One woman I met locally had this happen and the yanking on the cord ended in her uterus being ripped inside out, which took 3 hours of surgery to repair. Sad thing is... the OB convinced her it was normal procedure and the mama had NO clue that...
I had several sessions of myofascial release in the third trimester. I can't say whether it "worked" or not... still had persistent posterior baby and loooong labor, but I'm sure it does something for some people. I could feel the release and the swaying, but I don't think I was as responsive as some people and the position I had to be in was very uncomfortable for me.
Not a pro... but I heard those noises all the time with both pregnancies and it was never an indication of my water breaking or meconium. I would assume that even with a small tear you would be leaking something.
My m/w asked if my family (mother and father) was on-board with the decision... not because I need their approval, but I think because she just wanted to know if I was going to have family being combative with me and disturbing my peace and causing fear. It was nice to be able to tell her that at first they were totally against it, but after some edumacation by me, they felt very comfortable with it.
I've been told it's not allowed in base housing here (I'm not military, but we live close to a large AFB). It's just sooo silly. Like, can I not have sex in base housing either?? I've heard something like you (your dh) can be reported to the commander who can reprimand him for insubordination or something like that. Apparently even a civilian OB can report you to that commander if they feel so inclined (and understand the system).
I have converted friends, but to be completely honest, I've only really and truly convinced some of my single/childless friends. The one's who've already have kids have justified their traumatic and unnecessary inductions, drugs, episiotomys, forcepts, vacuums, c-sections, infections, inverted uterus (from cord traction by an OB in a hurry), etc... They'll justify it and excuse it 'till the cows come home. The only ones who seem to truly see through it are the ones who...
Including the 36 hours of induction during which I was not allowed to eat and the following c/s recovery... they had me on liquids only for 5 days. : I was literally starving. I was begging for food and I did have DH go and get me a bag of Cheetos from the vending machine. They were adamant that I not eat any solid foods until I had passed gas and had a BM. Well, how the hell did they think I was going to get my system up and moving without any food in it!?! I ended up...
My dh had a bad experience finding out that Santa wasn't real, but not in front of his mother. So, to get "back" at her, he continued to pretend that he still thought he was real until an unreasonable age by asking for ridiculous presents (to which she almost always obliged, they weren't broke...). He was really irritated with the whole scam and has little respect for his mother because of it. Maybe he's the exception to the rule, but it's still a possible outcome. Of...