or Connect

Posts by AbigailG

I have heard of a couple of breech deaths as well with premature babies, babies that probably would have survived in a hospital setting.Is this your first baby? Though I believe in vaginal breech deliveries and am a UCer I would not suggest it for a first birth. Nor would i suggest it for multiples, for the same positioning concerns. Intuition is great, but some if the breech maneuvers need a confident hand. But you have a midwife who's on board and plenty of time for...
I had a very straightforward natural hospital birth and then a UC with my second. I labored alone and then my dh woke up and came in for the birth. My mother was looking after my ods and came up and helped clean the afterbirth and get us all settled into bed. It was very calm and peaceful. But we all knew a lot about birth and babies and everyone was very comfortable with the UC idea. It's not an easy road to go down and especially if you are UPing you may have to defend...
I don't have any personal experience either but I would try to talk to an OB and a midwife and maybe some moms before I made any birth plans. If a C section is the safest thing (sometimes they are!) you can still have a really empowered, peaceful birth. Good luck mama! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Yes I would! Our UC was so peaceful and normal.
Just want to update.. went into labor at 40w5d and inner water bag was totally intact, broke while baby came out!
We had our second son a week ago and our first UC/ UP. I was 40 weeks and 6 days and he was born on the exact day I predicted at the beginning of my pregnancy! Not much to write, really.. I went into labor (after weeks of prodomal labor) around midnight and mostly labored alone through the night with some naps in between contrax. Around 630-7 am things got way more intense and I moved into the bathroom and put a drop cloth and chux pad on the floor, and changed into a...
Hi everyone! I'm doing UP/UC and am 38 almost 39 weeks. A few days ago I coughed really hard and got a small gush from my vagina that was fairly odorless and clear. It happened again a few times if I bore down a little, but seemed to seal up overnight. Its come back a few times with doing heavy activity (cleaning, lifting) but it doesnt just drip out like I would expect. Just little gushes, and then it stops. So maybe its thinned out cervical fluid? I'm not too worried...
Yes, I will definitely take some notes on complications. I was just surprised by how hands on the midwives were. Things happened fast in my first birth and nobody really did much other than watch the monitor and tell me when to push. I know my dad, a family doc who delivered 2200 babies in his birthing centers, mostly focused on keeping women comfortable and did not frequently manipulate the baby. He had great outcomes. Probably witnessing so many simple births has led me...
Ive been reading Heart and Hands..lots of info about complications, which is useful,  but the role of the midwife seems to be very hands on. Which is what I'm trying to avoid by having an unassisted birth. I'm wondering what everyone else thinks about these more midwife driven books (also Ina May Gaskins Guide to Childbirth). What did you take away with you after reading these types of birth stories where the midwifes were so central to the delivery?
It sounds like early labor to me but it could go on like this for days really. I think you will know when it's time to call your friends. I called my husband to come home when my contractions were very intense and 4-5 mins apart.