or Connect

Posts by ChattyCat

I don't think that anyone should be hungry, cold, in pain, or unsheltered. I think that is where I would draw my line. Everyone should have some sort of roof over their heads, even if it's a bunk in a gym with 50 other people, but they should have a roof. I don't think that anyone should be in pain, so appropriate medical care should be provided to keep someone out of pain. I would like to see healthcare for all covered, but for now I'll go with enough care to keep...
I thought about this some more, and while I won't be spending $600 per kid on gifts, they will probably get more than that from all the people that will gift to them. I know that my ILs spent about $130 per kid on their main gift, and there will be other things like clothes and smaller toys. So, they probably spent about $250 per kid. Not to mention my parents, my sister, each of dh's five siblings, our grandparents etc. There will also be checks for their college...
I don't think it's outrageous, if you have the money to spend. That said, I spent about $75/per kid this year. I bought everything new, but I started back in September and bought things when I saw a great deal. But, if I had more money, I could see myself getting each of the kids an electric toy car (they're around $300-400 each), and then $200 on the rest of a kid's presents wouldn't be that outrageous.
Quote: Originally Posted by EFmom This is, of course, a highly individual response. I was stressed out to the max from the IF TREATMENTS. The IF, not so much. The day I fired my RE and moved on to starting the adoption paperwork, I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. And I didn't even pursue much treatment. I also had many, many miscarriages, which for me (not saying this is the case for all or even most) just weren't a big...
The death of a close family member is widely regarded as the most stressful thing that a person can experience in her life. When one is ttcing and failing monthly, it is commonly held that the stress is the same as the death of a close family member, because it is the death of the hope of a baby. Over and over again, ad nauseum. I've never heard of a woman who said anything like "give me fertility treatment or I'll kill myself." I have read studies which show that...
I pay mine off every month, and in the last 6 weeks two of my cards have raised my limits. My interest rates haven't changed. They still make money when you pay the card off monthly, since they get a percentage of each transaction.
Well, as long as you can prove that it had a current registration, it shouldn't be a problem. I thought you were saying that the registration had lapsed. It sounds like an overzealous meter maid. You should be ok.
Quote: Originally Posted by fek&fuzz No, those should be covered. Because untreated asthma could become life threatening. Untreated non-baby-having is never life threatening. In my case, it increases my risk for endometrial cancer, heart disease, breast cancer and other diseases. It's rather arrogant to say that it would never become life threatening. Frequently insurance covers breast reduction. It's hard to fathom how that could be...
It should be straight forward. Dh and I have both had to do it before. As long as you can prove that you have a valid permit, it's usually enough to appease the traffic gods. If you don't have current tabs (I'm assuming we're talking about your license plate), that's another story.
Quote: Originally Posted by fek&fuzz I voted no. And by that I mean that I don't think that coverage for infertility treatments should be mandated coverage for health insurers, nor do I think someone should be able to claim the "right" to adopt a child no matter what their circumstances. Why shouldn't infertility treatment be mandated coverage? Would you like treatment for heart disease mandated? Or, cancer? Most infertility is caused by a...