or Connect

Posts by octolars

Happy early birthday Nicole730!!!!  
it might feel a little too soon to start talking about this, but what are you doing for birth control when its time to get back to it?  We are thinking of having a vasectomy, don't know too much about it, but it seems like a god option for us.  I would look into an IUD but I had one before and it didn't agree with me.  Although, I have heard that is because you are only supposed to have one if you've had children (would have been nice if the doctor had told me that when...
just giving a shout out to Quorn.  that sh$t is delicious!!!!
Happy July everyone!  My 30th birthday is next week, and even though it's a long shot, I'm really hoping we will share a birthday!   Technically I still have 2.5 weeks to go (and maybe then some!)   the pregnancy insomnia kicked in a few days ago  I'm exhausted right now, but i can't get comfortable and cant get rid of the heartburn so I just took a  bath and im doing this instead!  I've got plenty of cleaning that needs to be done... its almost 1am; that's a good...
this is really helpful for a first timer like me.  I had an IUD a few years back and the menstrual cramps were horrible.  I have heard form other women who had a painful experience with an IUD and have also given birth that they are similar.  Some have said the IUD was worse.  So, that's what I'm comparing it to.  Anyway, good luck to all of you!  We are strong, and our bodies know instinctively what to do, regardless of the pain.  plus, the combo of not being pregnant...
Lots of love and peace to all the mamas!  It is nice to know we aren't alone.  We have similar fears and anxieties, and that makes them seem a little less scary.   for you, Mrs M, good luck to you and your family!  
"get chosen by the baby, not the mama"  I LOVE IT!  perfect advice!!  We'll try it out and get something else if she doesn't like it!
congratulations Mrs M!!!  and thanks to everyone for the support.  I'm off to an appointment with my midwife in half an hour!
Hi; I'm a first time mom due in a couple of weeks.   I have been going crazy over this Arm's Reach cosleeper that I bought from a friend.  only one of the 4 sides is mesh.  Why is it considered safe to have cloth edges if bumpers are not safe? It seems like an equal suffocation risk to me.  Sorry for the double post/ I asked about this in a different thread in my birth club. just looking for lots of opinions on this.   So i got so worked up over the sides of this...
I am glad I found this thread.  There are others out there about hating MIL, which i find the word "hate" to be very strong and abrasive, but I digress.   My MIL was abusive to my husband as a child.  For this, I have difficulty forgiving her, especially bc he has some issues that have not been resolved as a result.  Pretty much every time we fight, it culminates into him having a psychological breakthrough that ties back to his relationship with his mother.  I feel...