or Connect

Posts by redrockband

Movement: I started feeling "movement" at around 14/15 weeks. It didn't feel like much, just something moving around in there haha   Picking a Midwife: We interviewed 4 different midwives. All did homebirths and 3 of the 4 also had birth centers. The other also delivers babies at the hospital. We knew we wanted a CNM, the laws here are strange, like in most states, about what you can and can't do with what license. CNM's have the most training and can carry medications...
I say 50/50 too, plus what mares said. I wouldn't let DW name the baby whatever though ;) You do have to agree though and it sounds like you both want a say in the name.    Good luck finding a name you can both agree on, it's not easy. 
Thanks Isa, I think we will ask more questions when we next meet with the OB at the hospital. We asked some at the last one, but didn't come prepared with all of them. The only thing I was really bummed about was that they said they wouldn't delay cord clamping. I've read that is have the most benefit for preemie's so I was disappointed that they wouldn't do it. We will definitely find out all the things we can and can't do at our next scan at 33 weeks. Seems like forever...
liz: Congrats, he is perfect and adorable! Love the name too. 5 hours of labor seems so fast, I guess it probably didn't seem fast to you though ;)     fried: First, those are adorable! I am not nearly talented enough to do anything like that. Well right now we are either planning to birth at home or at the hospital, it all just depends on the next ultrasound. There are tons of midwives here, so it's easy to find one. We interviewed about 4 before picking one. I haven't...
I just wanted to update that we met with Heather Johnston at Birthwise last week and she was great. She has a lot of experience and comes very highly recommended from our current midwife who is moving. Good luck!
I'm interested in participating
farmes: A kayak how exciting! We recently talked about buying one but I wasn't sure how to take a baby in one. We aren't experts at all. Most of my time on the river has been white water rafting. I'd love to get into kayaking though. I also can't eat much these days. I must be one of those who gain a lot of weight at first to make up for it. There have been many times in the last couple of weeks I don't even eat dinner. There just isn't anywhere for it to...
It's great to hear what others are doing and have done. I've thought about this a tiny bit and am procrastinating until our next ultrasound.    Has anyone used one for a planned c-section? I would think it would be similar to Isa's if a c-section is required part, and then more info about care for the baby after the birth. I'm not sure if we are cleared for a homebirth if our midwife will want us to write something up or not. It doesn't seem as necessary to me, but I...
We interviewed Marci Roundy at BirthRite, Adrienne at the Birth Center and Rebecca Williams at Great Expectations. They all seemed more than competent and it came down to personality and connection for us. We were planning a homebirth though so we didn't choose any of those. We went with someone else with a homebirth practice. Our second choice was Adrienne at the Birth Center.    We are meeting with Heather Johnston at Birthwise because we might need a backup...
Welcome Jam! I've added both you and Lea to the first page list of EDD's.    Liz! Hurrah for things moving along. I can't wait to "meet" the little guy. Our midwife is moving to the San Francisco area. We are going to meet another home birth midwife she works with and if we like her do tandem care in case she moves before the baby comes. If we don't like her...onto plan B.